FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513020 times)

MILLERMANKT

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #5175 on: Mar 10, 2024, 11:29 PM »
I bought some of the stackable planters from Dollar tree. Some people say they grow strawberries in them, I don't think they're big enough. I'm going to try lettuce in some and bush beans in some. Should be a fun thing to try. I also put some peach pits in a garden box last fall, waiting to see if they sprout .

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #5176 on: Mar 10, 2024, 11:32 PM »
Hey Dom , can you keep the seeds from most vegetables from your garden , dry them out and grow them the following year ? I'm going to try that this year, seeds are getting expensive like everything else . Thanx  Keith

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5177 on: Mar 11, 2024, 04:50 AM »
Yes Keith but google it.. A lot of different methods …
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishinator

« Reply #5178 on: Mar 11, 2024, 05:56 AM »
Hey Dom , can you keep the seeds from most vegetables from your garden , dry them out and grow them the following year ? I'm going to try that this year, seeds are getting expensive like everything else . Thanx  Keith
I'm not a good gardener by any means, but doesn't this only work with heirlooms?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5179 on: Mar 11, 2024, 02:26 PM »
Only seeds I save are from wild flowers, garlic and potatoes. There’s a lot of different methods I guess.

Let us know how you make out.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishinator

« Reply #5180 on: Mar 11, 2024, 02:42 PM »
I just know that I toss vegetables that get buggy or rotten beside my asparagus beds. The things that grow are always odd shaped/colored. Tomatoes are always oblong like romas. We also toss the girls jack o lanterns off the edge of the porch and let them go crazy the following year. I never get pumpkins, just a lot of crazy looking gourds.

krispcritter

« Reply #5181 on: Mar 14, 2024, 01:19 PM »

Tap rooted weeds dug out and since I was half way there, ran rototiller and raked even.
Now just have to wait a bit to seed my beet and carrot rows first planting.
To make small fortune in business, start with a large one.

krispcritter

« Reply #5182 on: Mar 19, 2024, 02:21 PM »

Anyone else make seed tapes for small seeds?
Carrot, romaine and butter crunch lettuce, and radish. I like having the even spacing and not contending with the tiny seeds in the garden or having to thin once they start growing.
To make small fortune in business, start with a large one.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5183 on: Mar 27, 2024, 05:58 AM »
Hanging cherry tomatoes..
 Good time to start vegetable seeds..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gotagetm

« Reply #5184 on: Mar 27, 2024, 07:56 AM »
Thanks Dom be starting mine this weekend

gotagetm

« Reply #5185 on: Mar 27, 2024, 07:58 AM »
Also looking for raspberry, blueberry bushes and cherry,peach ,pear and plum trees to get in ...and kiwi

62 & Done

« Reply #5186 on: Mar 27, 2024, 02:20 PM »
Raquette  is it time to start Marigolds?  would love to see your place sometime  what your location?

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #5187 on: Mar 27, 2024, 06:28 PM »
Started mine a couple days ago

Badbrad2186

« Reply #5188 on: Mar 27, 2024, 07:51 PM »
Raquette  is it time to start Marigolds?  would love to see your place sometime  what your location?

I start marigolds tomatoes peppers brussel sprouts and my melons this week and first of May I start everything else in the green house

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5189 on: Today at 04:44 AM »

No not at all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.