FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish finders  (Read 1446 times)

myemmy

Fish finders
« on: Jun 26, 2021, 09:17 AM »
In the market for a new fish finder, what’s your opinion on the new ones out there ??

fishinjohn

Re: Fish finders
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2021, 09:54 AM »
I had been a lowrance guy my whole life...
Bought new boat and decided to go with hummingbirds...
I LOVE THEM !!!!!!
I have a helix 9 and a helix 7
Easy to use

xc600

• ADK
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2021, 02:48 PM »
Bought a Lowrance elite5 with genesis mapping. Decent for the price and I do like the mapping feature. Wish I got the 7". Fairly simple to use.

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Jun 26, 2021, 03:09 PM »
Have always had Lowrance.
Currently have two HDS8’s networked.
Works well, but if I had to start all over I would go with a bird.
I don’t switch because of cost and the relearning curve.

Get a bird.

greensider

« Reply #4 on: Jun 26, 2021, 05:54 PM »
Have had Lawrance all my life friend got a Garmin sooo much better upgraded everything with them worlds apart

gotagetm

« Reply #5 on: Jun 26, 2021, 06:58 PM »
helixes for me always had hummingbirds

62 & Done

« Reply #6 on: Jun 26, 2021, 08:13 PM »
I've always owned humminbirds with little or no experience with any thing but the old lawrence green box. I do like the performance but they have a draw back.  Once your warranty runs out, it will cost you more than the unit is worth just to get them to look at it.  Then, you have to pay out the back side for any nessesary repairs.  The on/off switch stopped working on mine and it would come on by itself sitting in the garage. The result was a dead battery when I was ready to go. A call to Humminbird and I was going to the auto parts store to get an inline switch so I could turn off the power to the unit.  They are just crazy expensive to get serviced      Good luck with what you decide

iceman260

« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2021, 05:31 AM »
Just  bought a helix 7, I've owned standard horizon,raymarine,lowrance and sitex. Helix 7 si g3 is my new one, love it so far.

Flukeman

« Reply #8 on: Jun 27, 2021, 11:42 AM »
Keep in mind Lowrance just sold this week. May want to choose one of the others or wait to see what happens to Lowrance.

skinny40

« Reply #9 on: Jun 30, 2021, 11:53 AM »
Really depends what you want to do and how much you want to spend. I have had tons of different fish finders. I've had good and bad experiences with most of them. Different transducers totally change everything. I think for trolling you don't need anything but gps and a regular non chirp transducer. Fishing creeks and small lakes I love the mapping from the humminbird. I can make really nice maps of local lakes and transfer them onto my ice fishing unit and know before I drill what is under me. Like said the service cost is expensive. But it's a flat rate so you know before you send it what it will be. Side imaging is more useful to me than down imaging.

skinny40

« Reply #10 on: Jun 30, 2021, 11:56 AM »
Also. Lots of us are stuck with one brand or another because it would cost to much to switch the other equipment linked to it. I've got a minn kota trolling motor for autopilot so I'm stuck with what I got.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.