FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: July a mixed bag  (Read 1564 times)

fish wayniac

July a mixed bag
« on: Jul 30, 2021, 08:47 AM »
I have been fishing both fresh and saltwater this month.

My family went camping on the 9 th and 10th at Mt a blue. I trolled Webb lake for a few hours one morning and caught 2 Browns and a few small bass. The view while fishing is amazing.

I have been going to my usual spots on the coast for Stripers. I have to say the bite has been off a bit for me. I am still stuck at 26” and sometimes hard to catch mackerel. The pollack are around and I live line them but the Stripers follow the Macs. I caught 3 pollack on a sabiki and had a hard time reeling them in ha ha!

The highlight of the month was my family vacation on Great pond in Belgrade. I trolled 4 mornings and was skunked on one of them. We caught white perch , small mouth bass, a 28” Pike and a 17” Brown trout. Those Whites fight pretty good when they get to 15” . One evening we anchored by the marina and caught a bunch of fish worm burning with the family . We kept 8 big white perch .I also had a big player but lost it when it made a run under the boat. I think it was a pike or a large bass. We had a big fish fry from the 2 outings.

I felt a little defeated catching only one Brown on vacation. The boat was still hooked up so yesterday morning I made a last ditch effort for redemption. I went to one of my usual haunts and got skunked. Dunked the boat in another lake for salmon and Togue. I got a hit on a down rigger rod and reeled in a pretty colored Brown. Not listed as a species so I call that redemption.

filetandrelease

Re: July a mixed bag
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2021, 09:18 AM »

Well done great pics 👍

Baydog

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2021, 04:40 PM »
Check your regs on "live lining a white"......

fish wayniac

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2021, 05:53 PM »
Check your regs on "live lining a white"......
I modified the post oops ! I was reeling in something small and a bigger fish nailed it.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2021, 06:03 PM »
Real nice month, Wayne!  That last brown is a beauty.  I've heard from other folks that the striper bite is also slow  for them.  You definitely got into a few and nice batch of other fish.

zwiggles

« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2021, 06:31 PM »
Great report, but the redemption fish is really something!

Steve H.

« Reply #6 on: Aug 02, 2021, 09:41 AM »
Nice post.  Love the pics and nice that you got a quality mixed bag with some nice eaters in there too!
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Aug 02, 2021, 02:12 PM »
Thanks for sharing!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2021, 07:23 AM »
Crushing Wayne.  Love to see it.

MarkNFish

« Reply #9 on: Aug 12, 2021, 02:45 PM »
Nice post.  You guys always seem to make the most out of any situation and have a good time.  That's what it's all about.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.