FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wawasee  (Read 3313 times)

kesdadddy7597

Re: Wawasee
« Reply #30 on: Nov 17, 2021, 09:08 PM »
1/8 oz jig with a 2.5” tube could work too.  I have caught a good number of larger perch on tubes while bass fishing in the fall

fishogger

« Reply #31 on: Nov 24, 2021, 02:26 PM »
thats how i got onto puddle jumpers.  caught some perch while probing for bass deep.  i got some 2"ers in purple and they are still my go to plastic.  they have a great side swim action like jigging rapalas.
some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

https://xyz.frankspeech.com/

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #32 on: Nov 24, 2021, 06:43 PM »
Planing a Tuesday perch run on wawasee next week.5-10 on wind and pt cloudy.First time I’ve been on soft water this late in year.The perch I’m sure are still putting on a feed bag.Come on gold!!!

fishogger

« Reply #33 on: Nov 25, 2021, 06:38 AM »
good luck, hope to see more pics.

i remember a january 20yr ago when it was in the 50s.  i was in sweatshirt, in my boat, catching bass on spinners baits.  back when i musky fished it would amaze me how big bass would hit those big meps in that cold water. not what is preached as far as baits that time of year. 

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #34 on: Nov 25, 2021, 09:52 AM »
Ha! I remember fishing Saddle Lake in early December in  lower Michigan in a blinding snow storm in my my little 12' Penn Yan wooden lapstrake boat with a canvas exterior. The wind was blowing up a gale but we caught largemouth nearly every cast!!!! My Johnson 3 horse decided not to run and had only one canoe paddle so my buddy and I used the one paddle and the landing net to get back to the landing! Ha! Young and dumb but what fun!! :laugh: :laugh:

Then as a comparison, I remember my Dad ice fishing on Thanksgiving weekend on a farm pond in Rensselaer, IN. in the early 60's. We had ice from then until March!!! :laugh:
Teach

Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

fishogger

« Reply #35 on: Nov 25, 2021, 11:01 AM »
yea unfortunatly we are living threw one of the globes warming trends.  maybe our kids or grandkids will enjoy ice like that when it goes the other way again.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #36 on: Nov 29, 2021, 09:31 AM »
Going to give it a go on Friday.The weather pattern keeps changing.Had plans to go wenesday but the winds will be a tad brisk.Hope fridays forecast holds

taxid

« Reply #37 on: Nov 29, 2021, 04:38 PM »
yea unfortunatly we are living threw one of the globes warming trends.  maybe our kids or grandkids will enjoy ice like that when it goes the other way again.

I think we have about 10,000 years until the next ice age don't we?  :laugh:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishogger

« Reply #38 on: Nov 30, 2021, 03:23 AM »
there wont be any fish left in 10000 yr bro.  we will be on another planet by then.  think smaller waves on the graph.   

taxid

« Reply #39 on: Nov 30, 2021, 04:56 AM »
there wont be any fish left in 10000 yr bro.  we will be on another planet by then.  think smaller waves on the graph.

Naah we'll be gone the fish and animals will be just fine.  :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishogger

« Reply #40 on: Dec 01, 2021, 04:25 AM »
nice days this week percheyes you getting at them still?

taxid

« Reply #41 on: Dec 01, 2021, 03:43 PM »
nice days this week percheyes you getting at them still?

I need to get two 10 inch gills from the big pond. Will be going out in a few minutes

fishogger

« Reply #42 on: Today at 06:38 AM »
sounds like a terrible problem to have Cecil. lol  pics pics  get out that dock post mounted camera for selfies.

they are calling for a long stretch of rain you guys better hit it.

taxid

« Reply #43 on: Today at 09:39 AM »
sounds like a terrible problem to have Cecil. lol  pics pics  get out that dock post mounted camera for selfies.

they are calling for a long stretch of rain you guys better hit it.

It actually gets boring after a while. ;D And I've still got 8 fish to finish in the shop with one guy hounding me.  Like the guy in a Ray Bergman flyfishing book that was granted his wish of catching big trout after big trout on a flyrod for eternity in heaven. Turned into hell as it was too easy, there was no challenge, or variety.

What's frustrating is the customer wants two 10 inch bluegils. Do you know how many just under that I released?  :laugh: And then the perch start bitting and all I can catch are yellow perch. Sure it's fun catching perch 12 to 13 inches one after another, but since they are more agressive in colder water the bluegills back off.

The 15 inch + perch I caught yesterday I've caught every year for several years in a row. Whether by hook or seine. I can tell by the chunk missing just behind her head that has healed up. Must have been a mink or heron hit.

Here's a pic from last year. Every year the damage gets smaller but the spines never grow back.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #44 on: Today at 10:59 AM »
I’ll be on the water at sunrise and fish till sunset.Hope they’re hungry Friday

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.