FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Oh well.  (Read 6789 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Oh well.
« Reply #15 on: Sep 25, 2021, 03:26 PM »
Yeah, the two are interchangeable but different. I do better with the Zyrtec than the Claritin. Claritin makes me feel about a half bubble off plumb. Don’t tale the any of it unless I have to. Better than fighting with the allergies anyway. A good nights rest is priceless.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #16 on: Sep 25, 2021, 03:28 PM »
Claritin doesn’t fight the symptoms.
It works with your body to build up a better resistance.
That’s why the directions say you have to take it every day during allergy season.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: Sep 25, 2021, 03:30 PM »
Hey, if it works.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #18 on: Sep 25, 2021, 04:55 PM »

bbfrogger

« Reply #19 on: Sep 25, 2021, 06:38 PM »
I might have to try that - the ragweed kills me this time of year too.  Thanks

gotagetm

« Reply #20 on: Sep 25, 2021, 07:00 PM »
Allergies absolutely horrible this year !

taxid

« Reply #21 on: Sep 26, 2021, 08:14 AM »
I gave up on the shots 30+ yrs ago
They really weren’t doing much.

I took Claritin generic (atorvastatin) 365 days a year for the past 25-30 yrs.
I used to travel 80% of my time all over the world and I suffered from frequent sinus infections.  Those coupled with the variable air pressures whole flying were very painful to say the least.
After I started taking the Claritin daily I never got another sinus infection.
The past few years I thought my hay fever was getting worse.  I suspected that my body was building up a resistance to the Claritin.
I spoke to my doctor and he confirmed this was actually possible and thought that was happening.
So I switched to Generic Zyrtec 365 days a year.
Seems to be working.

You know what's weird? My twin and I grew up with allergies. Now in my 60's mine are almost nonexistent while my twin's have become much worse. In fact he can't even have a dog or cat, but I have always had dogs and have two right now. Go figure.

I maintain it's the 100 year old house he lives in. My log home is about 25 years old.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #22 on: Sep 26, 2021, 08:46 AM »
Thats awful ..... the thing about any shot or vaccine is that it has the potential to affect everyone differently.  Thats in part why I opted not to take the vaccine.  I'm 64 and until a few weeks ago when I got Bell's Palsy and was prescribed prednisone, I had never had a prescription in my life (knocking on wood).  I'm extremely active, so according to the "experts" I was a low risk of having serious complications from the virus.  I got the China virus as I mentioned on here before and fortunately just had a cough and some fatigue ...... to me thats a better option than having to go thru what your dad has to do now.  Its unfortunate that the government is taking the stance it has that either you are vaxxed or not vaxxed.  There is a huge group of people that contracted the virus and recovered just fine that, again, according to the "experts", have better immunity protection than the people that have been vaccinated.  I wish nothing but the best for your dad and family.

Thank you I appreciate it.  I also opted not to get it.  Was smart and got tested for anti bodies...which apparently I have without having had covid, at least to my knowledge.  Dr. Says id be putting my body at more risk getting vax'd vs doing an antibody test occassionally.  Makes sense...however I have to travel for work and it looks like a forced jab is enevitable.  Guess its better than being Auatralian at the moment.

Mac Attack

« Reply #23 on: Sep 26, 2021, 10:25 AM »
I just scheduled a test for tomorrow morning at Walgreens.
I'll keep you all posted.

filetandrelease

« Reply #24 on: Sep 26, 2021, 11:55 AM »
 Jon Sorry to hear of your fathers reaction

bbfrogger

« Reply #25 on: Sep 26, 2021, 02:30 PM »
Thank you I appreciate it.  I also opted not to get it.  Was smart and got tested for anti bodies...which apparently I have without having had covid, at least to my knowledge.  Dr. Says id be putting my body at more risk getting vax'd vs doing an antibody test occassionally.  Makes sense...however I have to travel for work and it looks like a forced jab is enevitable.  Guess its better than being Auatralian at the moment.

Sounds like you were 1 of many that had little or no symptoms from the virus - thats awesome.  Hopefully someone with 1/2 a brain decides to use it before you are forced to get the shot.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #26 on: Sep 27, 2021, 06:05 AM »
I gave up on the shots 30+ yrs ago
They really weren’t doing much.

I took Claritin generic (atorvastatin) 365 days a year for the past 25-30 yrs.
I used to travel 80% of my time all over the world and I suffered from frequent sinus infections.  Those coupled with the variable air pressures whole flying were very painful to say the least.
After I started taking the Claritin daily I never got another sinus infection.
The past few years I thought my hay fever was getting worse.  I suspected that my body was building up a resistance to the Claritin.
I spoke to my doctor and he confirmed this was actually possible and thought that was happening.
So I switched to Generic Zyrtec 365 days a year.
Seems to be working.
Atorvastatin (Lipitor) is for cholesterol.  Claritin is loratidine.  I too am in the club that knows more about prescription meds than I want too.  Allergies are kicking my tail the last few weeks.  Too much rain on the hill.  Every mold and fungi known to man is busting out and and all the wild flowers are blooming like crazy
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

Mac Attack

« Reply #27 on: Sep 27, 2021, 10:01 AM »
Atorvastatin (Lipitor) is for cholesterol.  Claritin is loratidine.  I too am in the club that knows more about prescription meds than I want too.  Allergies are kicking my tail the last few weeks.  Too much rain on the hill.  Every mold and fungi known to man is busting out and and all the wild flowers are blooming like crazy

yup - you are corect Greg.
I do take Atorvastatin.
But not for hayfever.

I meant to say Loratidine.

On another note, I just got m covid test.
tick tock

taxid

« Reply #28 on: Sep 27, 2021, 10:15 AM »
I'm on Astorvastatin because Crestor makes me feel like I got hit by a Mac truck. No not you Mac!  :D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mac Attack

« Reply #29 on: Sep 27, 2021, 11:05 AM »
 ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.