FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: fish finder help  (Read 2653 times)

olefish

fish finder help
« on: Jul 18, 2020, 12:47 PM »
 My friend just got a boat with a 898 hummingbird fish finder but no manual.  I down loaded a manual but was unable  yo figure out haw to make the over lay info smaller for him and maybe move it to the bottom of the screen.. It covers a good 1/4 of the left part of the screen so it covers to much.  Any help please?

fish/hunt4ever

Re: fish finder help
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2020, 09:34 PM »
Wish I could help you out but have not messed with that one before. But most hummingbird fish finders are able to change the way the numbers are displayed in the menu but there are only a few options to where the numbers are located on the screen.

marvinnielsen

Re: fish finder help
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2022, 01:07 AM »
It may help you if you still trying to find the best setting of humming fish finder
Favorite #1 Full-Screen Map. Usually, first thing in the morning I am trying to get to a spot. If it’s a lake I’ve fished before or one I have a map for, the full-screen map will help me get there quickly without having to guess. This is especially helpful in the dark.

If you don’t have the map option on your unit, I’d recommend full-screen SI or DI, depending on your unit.

Favorite #2 Down Imaging + Side Imaging ( DI + SI ). I probably use this setting more than any other. Anytime I am scouting an area or moving through an area I suspect has fish, I’ll have this screen on. I also will use it if I am wanting to fish a particular brush pile or underwater structure.

Favorite #3 2D + Down Imaging + Side Imaging ( 2D + DI + SI ) . This last setting I use when I have a lot of debris in the water or a lot of grass that is making it hard to see the density of the bottom and contours of creek channels.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.