FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: I got "Bombered" by my buddy  (Read 1092 times)

rivereddy

I got "Bombered" by my buddy
« on: Oct 22, 2021, 12:22 PM »
I'm still working on learning the ways of my new sonar and visiting a few new lakes (for me) as well.  Last week I got over to Brookville seeking walleyes.  I took my boat and a buddy and his friend fished out of another.  It was my turn that day.  No walleyes, but I wound up with 6 white bass while my buddies boat caught the skunk.  A week later I went to Prairie Creek for the first time.  The day started out calm, but by afternoon it was pitching white caps.  My buddy had a great day, and, this time I caught the skunk. We hadn't trolled 100 yards and I had a solid hit, but no hookup.  "OK" I thought, "We're in for a good day".  For my partner it was. He proceeded to catch several yellow perch, a couple of sublegal walleyes, and numerous yellow bass.  I got nuttin'.  A couple of hours later, I got a crashing hit, but again no hookup.  I figured something knocked my hookless bomber/downrigger plug and joked about it being a huge bass.  A few minutes later, my partner had a big hit that held.  A few minutes later I netted his fish.  It was an old LMB - only had one good eye - potbellied - and about 21 inches long.  It hit his bomber that still had treble hooks on it...
No acorns today  for this blind piggie...

The boat handled the building waves well and it only took two tries to get it on the trailer on in the 18mph crosswind and white cap
waves. I still learning about my Striker 4

fish on, nope, not today...

rivereddy

Teacherpreacher

Re: I got "Bombered" by my buddy
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2021, 09:24 AM »
Ed,
Good you are getting out, even if you're not catching lots.
We need to get together so you can teach me about my Striker Plus 4-CV that I bought last year and know zero about. Didn't come with much of a manual and says on Computer, info not available. I can turn it on and find the bottom, that's about it! ::) ::)
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Piggyn

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2021, 11:50 AM »
I have been on both ends of that, in terms of having a partner out fish you.  It is particularly maddening when trolling seemingly identical set ups and all of the bites are coming on the other side of the boat!
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Piggyn

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2021, 11:51 AM »
Didn't come with much of a manual and says on Computer, info not available.

Try here: STRIKER PLUS OWNER'S MANUAL
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2021, 09:19 AM »
Thanks Piggyn,
I just found it, eventhough it's a newer model then mine it appears to have what I need to get started.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.