FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: LEAVES  (Read 1638 times)

abishop

LEAVES
« on: Nov 11, 2021, 09:06 AM »
They are falling now. This year is about 2 weeks behind. With the wind helping, cant wait to get the sweeper spinning. Just hope not much rain to soak them too much. Got to love fall, LOL.

ICEHOLE

Re: LEAVES
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2021, 09:16 AM »
I have been leaf blowing leaves for a month now...one last go next week and i think that will be the last of our leaves...trees are lookin naked
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

filetandrelease

« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2021, 09:20 AM »
 My place is surrounded by maples thank god it’s over 😃

LundProv

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2021, 09:35 AM »
Incredible colors - magic moments with grandkids making piles of leaves and playing in them - at a younger time, it seems I used to chase the leaves off the trees -- it took me a few years but I am more patient to give mother nature a chance to slowly close the chapter on summer with the transition of color to bare...  a favorite pass time is to rake after dark with a decent moon and a headlight if necessary... peaceful, crisp and connected... the strong winds this morning gave us no snow showers but leaf showers -- it was spectacular...

rivereddy

« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2021, 10:35 AM »
The city allows a max of 40 bags for the 4 trash pickups in November.  They run separate trucks for the pick ups.  My first day is
today and I have my 40 at the curb- 40 55gallon drum liners that is.  Another 31 are waiting by the garage.  This is on top of a couple of
dozen bags some guy wanted for his garden.  The leaves had fallen in dribs and drabs until about 3 days ago.  Now I am getting slammed
I have 4 large compost piles as well. Sometimes I feel like I should just plant 3 more trees, call it a woods and be done with it.

This has been an odd fall and the leaf drop is no exception.  Usually the walnuts go first, then the maples and tulips, followed by the oaks.
My last tree to go is a European copper beech that is climatologically confused and about 3 weeks behind everyone else.  This year the end of Sept saw a lot of stress drop from the tulips, then a lull in most of October.  This last week I have been slammed with oaks and maples. In the last 3
days the drop has been constant. By tonight, both will be bare.

Earlier I wrote on my October 7, +/- 5 days as the most stable time for smallies in the river. Not so this year.  I got flooded out. - A strange fall indeed.

Fish on, gonna need more drum liners,
fish off,

rivereddy

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2021, 11:07 AM »
I just keep mowing mine.  It’s great fertilizer for the lawn..   The rest just blows it to the woods..   
 Glad my lawn part of my property  doesn’t go along side any neighbors.   
 Best part of living in the “woods ".. 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishinator

« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2021, 11:09 AM »
I just keep mowing mine.  It’s great fertilizer for the lawn..   The rest just blows it to the woods..   
 Glad my lawn part of my property  doesn’t go along side any neighbors.   
 Best part of living in the “woods ".. 8)
I just mow them too, except I live in town. It is what it is.

abishop

« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2021, 11:41 AM »
I have about 30 oaks 70+ feet. Always something with oaks. First it is all the green pollen?, then the fox tails?, finished by the leaves. Oh, did I forget to mention the acorns...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2021, 04:42 PM »
Ugh! Leaves. I have a dozen hard and soft maples and two butternut trees. The soft drop first, the hard take two weeks…or so…, the butternuts drop all at once at the first hard frost. (On the ground now)

But…it makes really good compost for the gardens and super mulch on the garlic beds. What doesn’t get picked up helps the lawns a lot. I mow over to chop it up and then pick it up with the tractor and bagger. It always kills me to see a dozen huge bags of leaves on the curb for my tax dollars to pick up.

Guess for me it’s a necessary evil.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2021, 01:57 PM »
Yeah…mowed and picked up again today. Good part is I put the mulched leaves and grass on a flower bed. The tulips, crocus and such will appreciate it.

Neighbor’s yard to the west is untouched. Hope it snows before I end up with his problem.

Maybe a snow fence???
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

SuzyQ

« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2022, 12:15 PM »
Isn't it time for you to start asking where the crappies are?  :-*

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Mar 10, 2022, 01:32 PM »
Odd place to post that. But, ok….where are the crappies at?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.