FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Half Day at Work  (Read 790 times)

bogtrotter

Half Day at Work
« on: Nov 24, 2021, 03:15 PM »
My office closed at noon today for the holiday so, after getting a ride home (since my car is in the shop and cannot get serviced until 12/07), eating lunch and performing some household chores, I was able to borrow my older daughter's car and squeeze in a couple hours fishing this afternoon.

The weather was sunny, with blue skies. 

The thermometer read 37 degrees, but it felt (and looked) colder - - with icicles hanging off some of the rock cliff faces that I passed.

I fished the South Hoosic from Cheshire Harbor (in Cheshire) to Elm Rock (in Adams) between 1:30 and 3:15 PM.

Stream levels were nearly ideal.

After doing nothing at Cheshire Harbor, I drove down to Mullen Mayflower, where I briefly had a middling sized (13" or 14") rainbow on my line, but it slipped the hook and I could not entice it to come back.

Heading downstream, I didn't have any action beneath the Burnett Bednarz Bridge, but did manage to hook and catch an 11" brown just above the footbridge below it.

Further downstream, after striking out at the Old Stone Mill, I beached a chunky, brightly hued 16" rainbow where Dry Brook enters the river, and then landed a more slender, but still athletic, 15" rainbow at Elm Rock, before heading back to "my" car to drive home.

lowaccord66

Re: Half Day at Work
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2021, 12:11 PM »
Nice work Jim. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.