FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wow this is ridiculous!  (Read 2999 times)

gotagetm

Re: Wow this is ridiculous!
« Reply #15 on: Apr 11, 2022, 09:20 AM »
Na..........Wack'm Bob lol !!!!

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #16 on: Apr 11, 2022, 09:32 AM »
I simply don't understand nip bottles in the least. I'm not a beer drinker, I like bourbon. Living in NH with some of the cheapest booze prices in the country, my father taught me a very valuable lesson early. NEVER, EVER buy anything other than the absolute largest bottle of alcohol they sell. Always 1.75 liters in anything you are getting. It's cheaper when you buy it that way and just so you know- IT DOESN'T GO BAD!

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Apr 11, 2022, 06:50 PM »
I simply don't understand nip bottles in the least. I'm not a beer drinker, I like bourbon. Living in NH with some of the cheapest booze prices in the country, my father taught me a very valuable lesson early. NEVER, EVER buy anything other than the absolute largest bottle of alcohol they sell. Always 1.75 liters in anything you are getting. It's cheaper when you buy it that way and just so you know- IT DOESN'T GO BAD!

Was told these are people hiding their drinking, drinking on the road and then throwing the evidence out the window.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #18 on: Apr 11, 2022, 07:51 PM »
So, because this was bothering me, no way this was from anywhere that is a decent place… maybe the Merrimack…the $hit goes down the gutters and ends up in the river…I’ve seen people throw down leaving trash on the lakes of northern NH and Maine…

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #19 on: Apr 11, 2022, 07:53 PM »
Also, the stupid law of open container is causing plenty of this issue. If the driver is sober, who cares what the rest of the passengers are doing….

lowaccord66

« Reply #20 on: Apr 13, 2022, 09:30 AM »
It's RI and Ive fished that area.  Theres trash and nips for sure but the photo in the article is totally sensationalized.  I agree it's a problem but overstating it to that degree is typical of the crap journalism that exists in this day and age.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #21 on: Apr 13, 2022, 11:13 AM »
lowaccord, that’s kinda how I read that article too….

Spider1

« Reply #22 on: Apr 14, 2022, 01:54 PM »
I went to take a couple classes for work in NH. I was in an area that had several tourist sites so I went for a walk to check a few out. I was amazed by all the mini bottles on the roadside. Everywhere. Couldn't take a step without hitting one. People there must be taking a shot while driving down the road and tossing them out the window.

taxid

« Reply #23 on: Apr 14, 2022, 02:03 PM »
I went to take a couple classes for work in NH. I was in an area that had several tourist sites so I went for a walk to check a few out. I was amazed by all the mini bottles on the roadside. Everywhere. Couldn't take a step without hitting one. People there must be taking a shot while driving down the road and tossing them out the window.

That's exactly what I am told they do.

I know a guy in Mass that would take them with him fishing to hide his alcoholism from his wife. I guess she wasn't so naive after all as she divorced him. He did join AA but last I talked to him on the phone he was incoherently drunk 2 out of 3 phone calls so apparently he has fallen off the wagon big time. Was supposed to meet up with him when I'm out there next, but really don't want to if he can't get back on the wagon. I'll be on vacation not babysitting. I do feel for the guy but he needs to help himself.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.