FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ROCK BASS  (Read 5114 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
ROCK BASS
« on: May 01, 2022, 07:08 AM »
the greatest  sports fishing in the  world  is  underway   the rock bass  are  starting to really   hit!!!!!!!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

joefish1

Re: ROCK BASS
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 07:37 AM »
lots of fun and good eating 

KingPerch

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 08:08 AM »
It’s funny…. Every time I catch one, I say “ there’s one Trapper missed!!”🤣
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

greensider

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 10:45 AM »
One of the best eating fish imo

stripernut

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 11:33 AM »
I get so many of them bass fishing at night on topwater... Glad someone likes getting them, for me, they are a real nuisance... If you find your way out here, let me know and I will put you on as many as you could possibly want.

trapper2000

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 04:46 PM »
that sounds  like  a  nice  offer  striper thank you ! i live on the  shore  of lake ontario ... world  renown for its excellent  rock duke  fishing...and  i really  do look  forward to it  every year

stripernut

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2022, 10:57 PM »
Have you fished for them at night with a small jitterbug? In the lakes and rivers that have them out here, it feels like you could catch every one of them at night... I use 5/8-1+oz topwater lures and they hit them all...

trapper2000

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2022, 03:31 AM »
yes  i have   i  fish  for them alot  with  jigs  at night  and  also my  fly rod  we  honestly fill coolers  with them.... i tell people all the time if you never  tried them  fillets  some  fry them up and  have  a  fish fry you won't find  many folks that don't love them......i love taking two  good  fried  fillets  a  roll   then  put some texas  hot sauce  on it  from rudys in oswego.....  with a  cold  beer  ...it don't get no better then that  ;D

redneck fishing

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 05:09 AM »
We make fish taco's with them

Pequod1

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2022, 05:49 AM »
We used to make fun of a guy at work because he targeted Rockies. I couldn’t understand why he liked them so much until I started fishing for them. I love them now. Unfortunately, the size of the Rockies in some of the fingerlakes has decreases dramatically sine that time and the Sodus Rockies are harder and harder to find. But,I still have a few great places fairly close to home and I’ll be out chasing them this week.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2022, 06:04 AM »
We used to make fun of a guy at work because he targeted Rockies. I couldn’t understand why he liked them so much until I started fishing for them. I love them now. Unfortunately, the size of the Rockies in some of the fingerlakes has decreases dramatically sine that time and the Sodus Rockies are harder and harder to find. But,I still have a few great places fairly close to home and I’ll be out chasing them this week.

Rockies on Sodus let me show you a thing or 2 I can go out and put a pounding on them right now for the next 2-3 weeks. Then after that water is 2 warm and they turn mush. They are still in Sodus just got to know where to find them

mcully

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2022, 07:09 AM »
some great times on Sandy pond when the water was clear and the silvers would come in to spawn and you could catch tons on a silver spoon followed by the rockies with white twister.

trapper2000

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2022, 09:16 AM »
ROCKBASS  simply the greatest fish ever

greensider

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2022, 09:32 AM »
My biggest rocky

Pequod1

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2022, 11:26 AM »
I’ll take you up on that Brad.  I kind of know where you get them, I guess I need a lesson or two

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.