FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Favorite college football team???  (Read 17146 times)

flipstick

Re: Favorite college football team???
« Reply #30 on: Sep 09, 2005, 10:25 AM »
I'll chime in here.  I'm another Penn State fan and have had a rough couple years, but things have to get better, right? :-\

As for Powlus being the downfall of ND, I'm not sure I would go that far.  Yes the team suddenly sucked when he came in, but he put up some pretty good numbers.  I may be biased though since I watched him through high school when Berwick was one of the best teams in the country (according to USA Today).  He really didn't play consistently at ND, though.

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #31 on: Sep 09, 2005, 02:35 PM »
Thank you, your opposition to my post actually supported my comment.  Inconsistant play by him caused the downfall, yeah he might have put up big numbers, but when did those stats come, at the ends of games when the other team had their second string after having a very safe lead, because Powlus couldn't get it done at the beginning of the game.  That year they started loosing, the recruiting of blue chip players dropped off. 

flipstick

« Reply #32 on: Sep 09, 2005, 03:08 PM »
Yes, you're right, but losing Lou Holtz didn't help recruiting either.  Also, they didn't do a whole lot when Powlus was hurt.  I felt the team as a whole under acheived those years with the talent that was there.  JMHO

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #33 on: Sep 09, 2005, 05:13 PM »
I will agree with you there, Lou Holtz was one hell of a coach.  I will also tell you this.  I was a ND fan all my life growing up.  The first college game I went to was my freshman year at Purdue 1997 when we played ND.   That day I decided since I go to Purdue, I will be a Purdue football fan, it was hard to cheer against ND, but it had to be done, and now don't look back on it.  THe previous years Purdue sucked, so it's not like I jumped on some bandwagon, I have been fortunate though, since they are now the best team in the BIg Ten.

archbishop

« Reply #34 on: Sep 10, 2005, 02:42 PM »
bring it on irish fans, im ready :'(

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #35 on: Sep 10, 2005, 02:46 PM »
Actually Irish fans shouldn't have much to say either.  The Irish looked horrible in that second half.  But like I said don't worry the Boilermakers will take care of the Irish soon enough.

archbishop

« Reply #36 on: Sep 10, 2005, 04:09 PM »
like i said in the other thread, you are confusing purdue's strength with there strength of schedule, they may win the big ten and be ranked behind 2 other teams in the big ten :tipup:

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #37 on: Sep 12, 2005, 03:48 PM »
well, like I said about Wisconsin, 65-0 what a blowout. is Temple even going to win a game this year?

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

Bean

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #38 on: Oct 02, 2005, 11:47 AM »
Here's a cool video that "the penn state football story" put out at the beginning of the year. 
http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/t/a/tal191/speed.wmv
Ken A.

archbishop

« Reply #39 on: Oct 02, 2005, 12:24 PM »
Actually Irish fans shouldn't have much to say either.  The Irish looked horrible in that second half.  But like I said don't worry the Boilermakers will take care of the Irish soon enough.
like i said in the other thread, you are confusing purdue's strength with there strength of schedule, they may win the big ten and be ranked behind 2 other teams in the big ten :tipup:

??? ;) ;D

FarginIcehole

« Reply #40 on: Oct 02, 2005, 02:16 PM »
i sure did hear the nd fight song alot last night!!!!!

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #41 on: Oct 04, 2005, 04:22 AM »
Wisconsin is 5-0. bring on Northwestern.

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #42 on: Oct 07, 2005, 03:35 AM »
Michigan fans getting cocky because they beat MSU.  Wow, very impressive, in OT, after they blew an early lead.  Last minutes of the game MSU basically gave the game to Michigan.

Just remember Michigan has the same number of losses as Purdue.

You keep rehasing over Purdue having an easy schedule, we have a very similar schedule minus Ohio State, so come with something else please if you are going to attempt to bash on Purdue.

Go PURDUE
BOILER UP

archbishop

« Reply #43 on: Oct 07, 2005, 05:10 AM »
didnt purdue drop out of the top 25? ;) theres alot more left to the season. plus michigans big ten loss was due to the loss of hart for a game and the irish game was a fluke, cant tell you what happened there, they shouldve won but didnt. ???

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #44 on: Oct 07, 2005, 12:48 PM »
Um, didn't Michigan drop out of the top 25 a week or so ago as well, only after beating MSU in OT did they reenter the top 25.  Purdue will be back, in a way I am glad to see them drop out of top 25, I think the rankings got to their heads, they are a much better team than the way they have been playing, this has been a reality check for them. 

Tiller said this week he is going to go back to Purdue's basketball on grass approach and air the ball out more, and go away from their attempt to be an option team, I wish he would have done that weeks ago, but at least he admits it isn't working and is willing to fix the offensive problem.  We can easily move the ball at ease if we simply do what we do best, and that is pass the ball.

Losses aren't flukes, accept the fact they lost.  Hell I know Purdue could beat ND if they had started out passing in the first half, and if the defensive secondary could wrap up when they tackle, but a loss is a loss, and a win is a win, you just have to accept it, can't go back now and fix things and replay the game, just wait until next year.

Just to let you know archbishop, I am not attacking you, and all football debating is done in fun, however, at the same time taken very seriously.  I hope I don't offend you, and you will never offend me, so lay it on me.

Alright, I am out the door, time for my road trip back down to memory lane, West Lafayette, home of the PURDUE BOILERMAKERS.

GO PURDUE

Hail, Hail to Old Purdue! All hail to our old gold and black! Hail, Hail to Old Purdue!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.