The Fisherman's Wharf > Fishing Stories

wierd encounter

<< < (2/6) > >>

sperrin:
I've heard alot of stories of Northern Pike doing that but its never happened to me....sounds like a pretty exciting time definitly! Great stories guys....  ;D

Stevo

jjf:
had a similar thing happen to me last week  but with an 9-10 brown trout (stockie) my guess is that the large mouth bass was 5-6 lbs . He put the death grip on the trout. I played with the 2 of theme for a while..pretty cool..Going after a 16/18 inch bow is no joke :o

MickeyFinn:
Ice fishing I caught a 15lb Northern that inhaled a 19 inch pickeral that triped the flag, it smashed it right at the hole, I really couldn't believe it at first. Luckly 2 of the points on the treble were on the outside of the pickerals jaw and caught just enough of the Pikes mouth.

MasterAngler:
I've seen this happen lots in the north, guiding for trophy pike.  They regularly hit small walleye and northerns we are reeling in, and sometimes we land both.  Big pike even swim up beside the boat and attack our stringer of shore lunch walleyes. 

mud_n_fun:
You musat have spawned something because I have never had this happen in my life.  But two days after reading this I was realing in a 5" gill on a ice rod and a 20" large mouch seated chasing it. I left the gill in the water and sure enough he took it. After nly 10 secs though he spit it out,  Then about  30 min later he did the same thing. That was one hungry bass. Never did land him though,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version