FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Loughborough lake...ice free yet?  (Read 2027 times)

1fishinator

Loughborough lake...ice free yet?
« on: Apr 07, 2011, 02:55 PM »
Just found my way over from the iceshanty site.  Looking to get out for some open water lakers. Don't want to drive 2.5 hours to find the lake still iced over.....have an open spot in my boat Saturday or Sunday if anyone's interested.

Cheers

Jason

jjz

• @jzuliniak
Re: Loughborough lake...ice free yet?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2011, 04:19 PM »
The ice over the deep west end is just breaking up now, drove by today and you can see that it won't be long but probably not until next week.

TheDL

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2011, 12:24 PM »
jjz - thanks for the update, I was wondering the same thing.  Can't wait to get out for some crappie!  You drive by there often?  I'm trying to get a heads up when the ice is off the west end, PM me if you see it's opened up.
tight lines....

TheDL

« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2011, 12:26 PM »
you seen any back lakes open?  I've been shore-fishing at Kingston Mills for perch, and noticed last night that Colonel By lake looks completely thawed (top side of the locks).

Anyone been by Dog or Cranberry area?
tight lines....

1fishinator

« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2011, 12:42 PM »
You and me both.!!!!!....I'm dying to fish open water....would like to hike into some small back lakes in the Frontenac area.

TheDL

« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2011, 12:56 PM »
yeah, I'd like to try that too - I heard there's good fishing in there, but I have no idea where.  I would think they'd take a little longer to melt though, being more north.  There are some open water streams around here, and of course Lake Ontario is opened up.
fishinator - where you from (fill out your location on your  profile)
tight lines....

jjz

• @jzuliniak
« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2011, 12:32 PM »
you seen any back lakes open?  I've been shore-fishing at Kingston Mills for perch, and noticed last night that Colonel By lake looks completely thawed (top side of the locks).

Anyone been by Dog or Cranberry area?

Dog by gilmour pt started to open up last week, I threw a few casts there but no luck.  Its usually a good spot for splake at ice out.
Loughborough by the division street launch is wide open but the west end by sydehnman rd still has a thin layer of ice, it has broken apart in spots so it shouldnt be long before you can get there by boat.

TheDL

« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2011, 02:40 PM »
jjz - thanks for the info  ;D.  I think I'll head to gilmour area in the morning and try for some crappie or perch.  Can't wait to get out in the boat on Louborough.
tight lines....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.