FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: need a little help  (Read 1320 times)

akdg

need a little help
« on: May 01, 2005, 07:59 PM »
Hey guys, I need a little help deciding where to fish in Ontario on May 15 or 16th. I will be driving from Cornwall to Prince Rupert, BC the week of the 15th, and have one day to fish somewhere along the way.  Because of the cost of buying licenses and the short amount of time I have, and unless someone convinces me otherwise I have decided to try Ontario as my Province to fish this year.  The area I have in mind is somewhere between North Bay and Thunder Bay by way of Hearst on route 11 (but I'm open to suggestions).  I won't have a boat with me so I will be limited to wading and bank fishing.  From what I can tell trout and pike seasons are open then, and catching either one would be fine by me (all C+R).  If any of you have ideas or suggestions as to where and how to go I would sure appreciate your help.  Maybe I'll even be able to catch something to put in Germ's derby! ;D 

AKDG

grumpymoe

Re: need a little help
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 08:46 PM »
akdg....if you're going to stop anywhere in Ontario.....try Dogtooth Lake around 25-30 kms before you hit Kenora......some trophy walleye......if not...hit lake of the woods right in Kenora.......just might latch onto a nice northern.....eye.....or....???????....Grump ;D

akdg

Re: need a little help
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 03:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply Grump.  Guess I might have to give that a try.  I stayed in Kenora last year for the night to watch the hockey game and met some nice folks, but didn't have time to fish. :'(  I still would like to find out more about that area up by Hearst if anyone has any info.  If I do get into anything I'll let you know when I get back this fall.  Have a good summer and thanks again.  AKDG

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.