FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: If you could Fish Any Lake in Ontario.....Where would you go and for what  (Read 6001 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
SO...if you were given the opportunity to fish any lake in Ontario for any speices...where would you go, what would you fish for.......

Im going to break the rules right off the bat and pick 2.....

Rice lake for Large and Small Mouth Bass

Quinte for Walleye...

grumpymoe

Crow (Kakagi Lake) for smallies.....rated one of the top 3 lakes in North America.......and Lake of the Woods for variety....smallies, largemouth, eyes, northerns, muskie, crappie....and the scenic beauty!!!.....but there's really so many being a native son....oh well....time!!!.....Grump

Reelmaster

Lake of the woods for Musky and LMB and SMB
Also after seeing grumps favorite pic in various spots I would say Crow lake for What LAKERS??? I think they are in there  ??? Anyfishing at new lakes is always a blast.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

rendo

Aubrey Falls for Northerns and Walleye, by the river from Rocky Island Lake
thinking  fishing!!
Be safe!Fish On!

trapperdirk

Lake X for brookies not far from here . ;) ;D

TD
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Mikepike

A lake i most desperately want to visit again, the name i will also not disclose. The lakers there are unbeleivable. You limt our in less tha a hour.  :-\ i wanna go back!

Just waiting for the backcountry laker trip

Grimace

Lac Seul   for walleye.

WILLBILLY

French River Delta , Pike , Bass , Perch

chowder_head

gotta agree with the junkie as far as rice lake goes..my home lake! great bass fishing in there..the walleye is pretty d**n sweet as well..almost time to hit up the crappie there too!
but i'd also like to fish the ottawa river for sturgeon.my pops always fished there as a kid and said the sturgeon fishing was wild!

SYMPTOMS: continual complaints as to need for fresh air, sunshine and relaxation. Patient has blank expressions,sometimes deaf to wife and kids,frequent checking of tackle catalogs. Hangs out in sporting goods stores longer than usual.Secret night phone calls to fishing pals. Mumbles to self. Lies to everyone..NO KNOWN CURE!!

tip-uptwo

Bay Of Quinte-walleye  :) ;)

Camocruzr

Missinabi River, walleye.

Germ

• Always Planning the Next fishing Adventure...
WEll i know this sounds dumb....

Id love to FIsh HOney Harbour....

But... When i was 10......

YOu didnt say i couldnt TIme Travel.....

I REmember FIshing with my dad when he loved to fish.....

He hasnt Thrown a line in the lake in years....

Now... That i can FIsh and Im not some snot nosed little kid to bug him id love  to fish that lake again and show him about pike and muskie and crappie....

YOu know the times in you life when you like to visit???

ANyhow my 2 cents....
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

The Bass Doctor

Lake Eugenia (spell?)

Only been there once, but caught a 6lb 8oz smallmouth and a 3lb 8oz largemouth in two casts.

I would do that again ANY day of the week.

Tight Lines!

Charlie

molsonport

bassjunky, each aug. the owner of the company takes us to his island on devil lake. i would like to know if there are any maps of this lake. asked the people at bait shop in i think its weesport but she did not have any at that time. also what is the best time of the day/night for lakers. never caught one there. nice pike and smb. thanks for any info that you might have. stop by if you are around that area the 1st weekend of august. we all launch from a little campground there and head out to his place. p.s. i will have plenty of good can. beer.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Welcome aboard Molsonport.....I have never fished Devil lake, but here is a link to the company I buy my maps from. They do sell a devil lake Map for $9 CDN.

http://www.adventurefishingmaps.on.ca/eo1.htm

I have been meaning to head into westport to do some fishing, but it is abour an hours drive from me and I have 3 or 4 great fishing lakes much closer.

good luck....I would try posting the Laker Question on a trout Board on the General board. I wont be much help there. Im no expert but I usually fish lakers during the day (on the ice..Lol)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.