FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: spinning reels  (Read 4413 times)

PikeKing23

Re: spinning reels
« Reply #30 on: Jul 19, 2019, 01:42 PM »
I still have my mitchell 300 that my mom gave me for my 13th birthday ( a very long time ago). Made in France, no plastic.  I lived in Shenorock, NY then and i went down to the lake after the party and caught a good sized largemouh. I brought it home and my grandmother cooked it for us. The reel is priceless to me since my mom passed 2 months later.

I have caught a ton of fish with that reel and often think back to how much that reel means to me.

Love this story

PikeKing23

« Reply #31 on: Jul 19, 2019, 01:46 PM »
I'm looking for a bait runner as I fish mostly live/dead bait and carp. They are a little pricey unless you go foriegn/no-name. Not sure about those. A little hesitant, lol.

fontona19

« Reply #32 on: Jul 20, 2019, 07:22 PM »
I'm looking for a bait runner as I fish mostly live/dead bait and carp. They are a little pricey unless you go foriegn/no-name. Not sure about those. A little hesitant, lol.

The okuma avenger a and b are both decent reels for the price, but you would be much happier with a Shimano baitrunner oc. Little spendy, but well worth it imo.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #33 on: Jul 20, 2019, 08:59 PM »
I still have my mitchell 300 that my mom gave me for my 13th birthday ( a very long time ago). Made in France, no plastic.  I lived in Shenorock, NY then and i went down to the lake after the party and caught a good sized largemouh. I brought it home and my grandmother cooked it for us. The reel is priceless to me since my mom passed 2 months later.

I have caught a ton of fish with that reel and often think back to how much that reel means to me.

I would have that reel on my wall ...great story  ......my prayers  sorry about your mom
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.