FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pop quiz  (Read 359 times)

scooper47

Pop quiz
« on: May 08, 2024, 04:57 PM »

westernmas

Re: Pop quiz
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 08:53 AM »
Technically illegal to catch/target them and I thought you weren't even supposed to photography them.  I've seen one caught soaking blood worms for stripers but it was like 30" long.  We released it asap but snapped a pic too.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2024, 07:24 PM »
Screw the mainstream media.  Caught a few incidentally north of the oxbow fishing for smallies.

Steve H.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2024, 07:47 AM »

It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2024, 01:20 PM »
there's a difference between "targeting" and "accidentally catching".

There's a rule in NH on the big lake regarding salmon during ice season.
You might hook one while targeting other trout species, but shouldn't remove them from the water but release ASAP.

Of course here in MA the only real restrictions regarding what we can catch and keep relate to specific species seasons and size/creel limits, and that's only if you willingly adhere to the rules.

What surprises me is that with no open season and no keep rule, why haven't they had a growth in population?
Then again, the same could've been said about the failed Atlantic Salmon fishery as well...
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.