FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best bimini set up for 16' Lund?  (Read 4209 times)

porkpiehat

Re: Best bimini set up for 16' Lund?
« Reply #15 on: Jul 18, 2017, 02:51 PM »
yea, maybe 5'
But it works and the price was right.
You have a nice rig too.

Mine will be for sale in 3-4 when I retire.

Mac

I'm so happy with it I can hardly work a full day. Vacation starts saturday!
A rock snagged my downrigger, broke the cable and the deck mount. I've got to replace it and the new one comes with short machine screws. Given that the deck is carpet-coated plywood, would strong wood screws work? There's no way to secure the machine screws with nuts without taking the boat apart to flip the entire deck piece over.

Mac Attack

« Reply #16 on: Jul 18, 2017, 03:13 PM »
I'm so happy with it I can hardly work a full day. Vacation starts saturday!
A rock snagged my downrigger, broke the cable and the deck mount. I've got to replace it and the new one comes with short machine screws. Given that the deck is carpet-coated plywood, would strong wood screws work? There's no way to secure the machine screws with nuts without taking the boat apart to flip the entire deck piece over.

Let's see here....................
You want me to say OK to this, and basically accept the responsibility if you snag another rock and your downrigger launches off the stern and into the depths of some lake.

;D

Right!!!

;D

What can I say?
Use a backer plate.
Do the job correctly.

My dad used to say, "Nothing is good enough, it's either right or it's wrong".

He would tell me that after I got done fixing something on my car and would say, "good enough".

Do the job correctly and don't worry about it all during your vacation.
Not to mention, that if it did fail because you did a half-a$$ job on it, it would certainly darken your vacation.

Good luck partner.

Mac

porkpiehat

« Reply #17 on: Jul 18, 2017, 04:29 PM »

Let's see here....................
You want me to say OK to this, and basically accept the responsibility if you snag another rock and your downrigger launches off the stern and into the depths of some lake.

;D

Right!!!

;D

What can I say?
Use a backer plate.
Do the job correctly.

My dad used to say, "Nothing is good enough, it's either right or it's wrong".

He would tell me that after I got done fixing something on my car and would say, "good enough".

Do the job correctly and don't worry about it all during your vacation.
Not to mention, that if it did fail because you did a half-a$$ job on it, it would certainly darken your vacation.

Good luck partner.

Mac

Yes contact your lawyer lol. I've never mounted one before so I don't know what's standard practice. The boat came with one bolted in underneath, but it can't be removed. the plastic broke under pressure and it almost went in the lake anyway. I will look up backer plate.

Mac Attack

« Reply #18 on: Jul 18, 2017, 08:03 PM »
Lots of ideas on downriggers mounting on YouTube too

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.