FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop 2019  (Read 150405 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: The Little Wood Shop 2019
« Reply #465 on: Jan 06, 2019, 05:00 PM »
Or a stinker....., started the next side this morning. After I built a new play area for my neighbor's parrot JoJo. It's his 3rd birthday today. I like the little guy. He's a character.

My son and I came up a pretty interesting concept for the next section.

More to come.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #466 on: Jan 06, 2019, 09:13 PM »
I was thinking tinkler.

Nice little machine Bob.
Nice video too.

mr.clean

« Reply #467 on: Jan 07, 2019, 12:26 AM »
Ditto all the positive comments be interesting to see the completed project. What interesting things are you including in JoJo's new play set.
Steve

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #468 on: Jan 07, 2019, 04:29 AM »
Ditto all the positive comments be interesting to see the completed project. What interesting things are you including in JoJo's new play set.
Steve

Thanks . Fun stuff for an old man's brain to ponder. I was just having my coffee while sitting there looking at the machine. I like the way it's going so far. There's no real plan, it's just taking on its own shape. Feels kind of artistic.

I've decided that when it's complete I'm going to let the local library have it for a while. I think that kids and adults alike will enjoy it. A completely useless, mesmerizing thing.

I'm pretty captivated with this concept. There's already a picture in my brain for a couple more. One out of all wood and a wall hanging thing for a big piece of wall in my living room. My Bride just shakes her head and smiles.

The play set has a tall perch with a food cup, a rope and dowel ladder, a swing with bells on a chain hanging from it, a piece of plastic chain, a bird toy thing with chew blocks, rope and straws and a couple plastic golf balls with straws pushed through them. He loves to forage and climb all over stuff.

I'll have to take a picture later. Took him about 10 seconds to get right at checking it out. He'll have it chewed up and trashed in a couple months and I can build him another. We had a nice birthday party for him. He got new bird toys and had walnuts and a meatball with sauce for a snack.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

mr.clean

« Reply #469 on: Jan 09, 2019, 09:37 AM »
Rg glad your keeping your mind busy figuring out the ball machine personally think it helps delay /prevent memory loss. Keeping active like you do makes the day seem to pass faster and helps prevent boredom. Hope the library takes up your offer think young children will like the machine.
Steve

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #470 on: Jan 09, 2019, 05:03 PM »
Thanks. I agree that challenges are the root of longevity. I'd be lost without my little projects.

He's a pic of JoJo's play set.

He was busy crawling around inside my sweatshirt when I took the pic this afternoon.

And....here's  today's progress on the "Machine".

The "wood cup side". I turned a bunch of the little wooden cups figuring I could have a track from level to level and cup to cup. I'll be filling in the center section of this side over the next few days.

Rg

mr.clean

« Reply #471 on: Jan 09, 2019, 11:30 PM »
Rg I think you might be a bird owner once again at some time in the future. The machine is coming together nicely.
Steve

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #472 on: Jan 10, 2019, 04:41 AM »
Nah, no more birds for me. I used to raise cockatiels. Birds are a giant mess waiting to happen. Kind of like any pet. I love them, but I won't own any more.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #473 on: Jan 10, 2019, 06:30 AM »
Wow!  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #474 on: Jan 10, 2019, 03:19 PM »
It's getting there Bill. Darned thing is pretty captivating.

Rg

mr.clean

« Reply #475 on: Jan 12, 2019, 07:01 AM »
Rg understand your feelings lot easier to enjoy friends pets and not have all that goes with pet ownership.
Steve

zwiggles

« Reply #476 on: Jan 12, 2019, 10:33 AM »
Looks great! I am also looking forward to your next video, it was really neat!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #477 on: Jan 12, 2019, 03:59 PM »
Well, here you go. Got the two tracks working well today.

https://youtu.be/-TgJ7AV9aYs

Sorry about the iPhone video. I'll steer up the camera and take a good one when it's finished.

Next up is the metal side. I'm gonna use some stuff I've found at Goodwill.

I found some metal coasters and devised a way to indent them to make them funnel he ball down to the track. The stainless bowls will be worked in for some added sounds.

Rg

zwiggles

« Reply #478 on: Jan 12, 2019, 05:51 PM »
 :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #479 on: Jan 13, 2019, 07:39 AM »
Speechless!!  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.