FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Favorite place to camp?  (Read 32342 times)

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
Re: Favorite place to camp?
« Reply #30 on: Apr 01, 2008, 04:56 AM »
my second choice would be assateague island state campground. went there a couple of years ago, and although it's out in the open, sleeping 150 yards from the surf is awesome. ;D

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

bearsfan

« Reply #31 on: Apr 05, 2008, 08:34 PM »
Boy I think just about anywhere in Idaho, been to many many places and all have been great.

bigbrookie

« Reply #32 on: Apr 14, 2008, 07:25 AM »
any brook trout pond in the adirondacks. i'll be on one in 2 weeks!!!!!

i cant believe no one said bwca or quetico.

minnowreaper

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2008, 02:44 PM »
lately ive been going to evengola st park nice view of lake erie ;D

troutaddict33

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2008, 03:14 PM »
my family used to own property in NY (~2000 acres) on the ausable river a stone throw below ausable chasm... it was the most beautiful place in the world. our own private place on the water right where a big pool came in, perfect for tubing down rapids above, we could hike into the chasm, deer/bear/turkeys/fish/everything you could want. tons of land to fourwheel on. best brown trout fishing in the northeast, sand down to the river and amazing rock walls. I cannot explain in words how amazing this place was... I would rather be there than anywhere on this planet but the land was sold and ill never be able to go again  :-\

vivlamored

• Gotta Love the Adirondacks
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2008, 03:32 PM »
ADIRONDACKS
Don't use your sick days when you are sick use them when the fish are biting. It all looks the same on your time card

sperrin

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2008, 01:10 PM »
Manitoba Provincial Parks ! ;D
A bad day fishing is still better then a good day at work!

Mainehazmt

« Reply #37 on: Apr 02, 2009, 07:52 AM »
Some close by places I like to go are Aroostook state Park not big  but comfy and close to home but one of my favorites has to be at my in laws farm  165 acres and 2 small lakes about 15 or so years ago we cleared out a spot near the lake Lots of trout actually too many get bored allot catching em    super cold spring fed water and crystal clear  haul the camper in there and can leave it all pretty much safe and sound   all the comforts of home  satellite TV warm and dry in the camper and can do anything I want there   mostly run off batteries but bought basically a john deere equivalent to a Honda 2000 EU  super quiet  never know it is running!  Gotta have the mr coffee in the am   lol
I am a Proud Veteran I am Not a Terrorist!

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #38 on: Apr 02, 2009, 08:22 AM »
I usually put in at our local boat ramp and head upstream on the Missouri River 15 or 20 miles find a nice beach
set out some throwlines, rig up the poles and get them in the water, pitch the tent, start a fire and I'm home. Most times never see another boat. I like the quiet.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

MTF

« Reply #39 on: Apr 06, 2009, 01:18 AM »
bye bye

Mainehazmt

« Reply #40 on: Apr 06, 2009, 07:04 AM »
This should sum it up.....

CAMPING VIDEO
That was a great job!   was that bob marley talking about going to camp?  sounded like him!
I am a Proud Veteran I am Not a Terrorist!

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #41 on: Apr 20, 2009, 10:27 PM »
Camping, there is a spot that I camped at once, about 2 miles back into National Forrest, not too much foot traffic and other hunters, nice and quiet, close to a small stream and just a really great place.    Its a great spot for a deer camp, and about 2 miles back out the stream turns into a stocked trout stream.     So that's fall camping, planning on putting a tent back in there again this year if the deer sign is there.     

Summer camping, its in a WMA easily road accessible, right next to a fee area stocked trout stream, great fishing for stocked trout, and a mile or so up is a trophy small mouth bass lake.    Its somewhat high traffic on the weekends but quiets down during the weekdays.     

A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

Fish Killa

« Reply #42 on: Apr 21, 2009, 09:38 PM »
Smokey Mountains of Tennessee.

Millsite

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2009, 07:05 PM »
Long Lake in the Adirondacks is one of my fav places, after black fly season of course.  ;D

piker1

• here fishy,fishy
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2009, 07:25 PM »
Any where in Adarondacks, but fav plasce there is woodhull Mt. Hunt there for years,deer and bear. good brookie fishing, hiking , camping, also if don't want to go way back to lake can camp off main parking lot at river and good trout fishing and see the train come by with people waving to ya...... ;D
If your not fishing , your not living

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.