FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Spare SOT Kayak?  (Read 1257 times)

walpy

Spare SOT Kayak?
« on: Aug 06, 2018, 09:17 AM »
Shot in the dark - I've been trying to get my hands on a used Sit-On-Top kayak to try fishing out of. Nothing fancy as I need to see if it's for me first!

If anyone has an old Lifetime Tamarack/Muskie or something like that they may want to sell - shoot me a message!

ActiveTrapChecker

Re: Spare SOT Kayak?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2018, 10:43 AM »
can't be of assistance. hope it works out for you. I like the try before you buy approach

stguy

« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2018, 02:02 PM »
Can you rent one somewhere?

Guy on Sebago has one of the Hobies with the mirage drive set up for trolling and does pretty well with it.

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2018, 03:55 PM »
Have you tried Craig's list or even Ebay? Sometimes on Ebay you can get lucky and a kayak can be nearby that you can just pick up.

I found* my Hobie on Ebay at half price due to it being a display model and a few years old. Had never been used. It came with a mirage drive.

* I found it on Ebay but stopped on final confirmation as it had me locked into paying shipping when I wanted to pick it up.  I ended up calling the place in Cincinnati, Ohio and bought there.

Ebay raised a stink but they can KMA. I wasn't having my card debited for shipping when that's not what I wanted.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

walpy

« Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2018, 03:23 PM »
Honestly didn't even think of renting haha... maybe I'll go that route. I def want to get it multiple tries before I pass judgement though. I like the idea of it as a boat and trailer just aren't in the cards for me for a couple years.

9huskies

« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2018, 09:23 PM »
Most kayak dealers offer demos. Don't expect to bring much fishing gear but you can get a feel for how it paddles, turns and how stable it feels. Try standing up on the deck if you dare. Dress to get wet.

robbfishing

« Reply #6 on: Aug 08, 2018, 07:51 AM »
Ocean State job lots sells em pretty cheap

walpy

« Reply #7 on: Aug 09, 2018, 07:58 AM »
Borrowed one for an hour or so.. I liked it. Was a Lifetime Tamarack? I think.

Anyway - I can throw out some trade bait on one, a brand new Milwaukee M12 portable air compressor with brand new M12 6ah battery!

(Sorry if this is not the place for this kinda post)

robbfishing

« Reply #8 on: Aug 09, 2018, 03:24 PM »
Just saw oceanstate has one for $200 and you get $100 gift card back ....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.