FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 336934 times)

Flukeman

Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #1245 on: Aug 18, 2020, 04:51 PM »
I think the new system is having problems.

mcully

« Reply #1246 on: Aug 19, 2020, 04:54 AM »
The wonderful system has my wife listed as non-resident and won't allow you to input any new information yet I used her NYSDL number to set up the account. I've emailed yet no reply.
I'll go to the town clerks office and buy licenses

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #1247 on: Aug 20, 2020, 09:59 AM »
I think the new system is having problems.

I was shocked at how small the DMU numbers were on the doe tags!  Someone with bad vision or low light conditions is going to screw up!

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
« Reply #1248 on: Aug 20, 2020, 11:08 AM »
I called the number listed on the DEC website and they were able to reset my online account and i went in and ordered my licenses.  Seems the link between the old system and the company that is now managing the process is the issue.....took 15 min total.

SeanP

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #1249 on: Aug 20, 2020, 01:22 PM »
Got my tags in the mail today...h2l

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1250 on: Aug 20, 2020, 06:02 PM »
Seems they don't have the budget or personnel in the current environment to handle the changes necessary. They’ve always come up short on budget. Somehow the money we pay evaporates well before it should be applied.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #1251 on: Aug 20, 2020, 07:57 PM »
Seems they don't have the budget or personnel in the current environment to handle the changes necessary. They’ve always come up short on budget. Somehow the money we pay evaporates well before it should be applied.

Rg

I’ve never researched it but I was once told a great deal of the money collected for hunting and fishing licenses is spent to maintain hiking trails.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1252 on: Aug 21, 2020, 06:17 AM »
The branches on all my apple trees are so full there hanging on the ground......

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
« Reply #1253 on: Aug 21, 2020, 06:52 AM »
I’ve never researched it but I was once told a great deal of the money collected for hunting and fishing licenses is spent to maintain hiking trails.

The current governor has moved the monies from licenses and other outdoor sports to the general funds bucket,  said at the time it will still be "earmarked" !!

I am sure it will not get used elsewhere....

SeanP

filetandrelease

« Reply #1254 on: Aug 21, 2020, 07:51 AM »
 That money was moved years ago , it now Helps funds all Kinds of things , non hunting and fishing

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1255 on: Aug 21, 2020, 07:59 AM »
My neighbor got his license at Runnings in Canandaigua on Wednesday. I’d venture a guess that we’ll see a reduction in services and increase in fees in the near future. Nothing coming in and lots of money going out.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1256 on: Aug 21, 2020, 08:18 AM »
 RG I’m sure lots of fees Will increase and not just hunting and fishing , after the new year wonder what programs will be put on hold or dropped , it’s going to be interesting

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1257 on: Aug 21, 2020, 08:24 AM »
Well, at least I know my hunting/fishing license will stay the same........FREE!

Rg

filetandrelease

« Reply #1258 on: Aug 21, 2020, 08:26 AM »

👍

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1259 on: Aug 21, 2020, 09:46 AM »
  got my birth cert got all the stuff ready to go renew my license at the  DMV  ss card   2 bills a unopened piece of mail old drivers license and my pistol permit for second pictured ID SS card....now i wait till the 25th for my appointment ....and you think getting a hunting license stinks .....

RG don't be so sure of that it use to be free to 65 year olds they changed that and they will take away more for a buck
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.