FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: your go to lure for eyes  (Read 22955 times)

Cider

Re: your go to lure for eyes
« Reply #15 on: Jun 23, 2004, 10:22 AM »
Scott - you ever use leeches or shiners on the jig instead of crawlers?  Just wondering why crawlers and if they outproduce other live bait.

Scott

• Administrator
  • Jig Jig for a big pig
« Reply #16 on: Jun 23, 2004, 10:50 AM »
Crawlers are easy to keep and in my backyard would be the number one reason it's my go to. I can imagine that in certain circumstances other bait may work better. Every body of water is different.

Shiners are somewhat hard to keep alive during the summer, on the other hand are all I use during the winter months under tip-ups for eyes. I forgot to add that throwing out a leech on a jig with a slip bobber rig while you work that jig and crawler can provide some extra bonus action.

-Scott

Esox

« Reply #17 on: Jun 23, 2004, 02:49 PM »
Slipbob,
My comment was half in fun. Those that know me would get the joke. I'll put a hint below.  ;) However, Exude product works well, and I do like it over Gulp. Gulp has some serious storage problems and is no more effective then the Exude. Those who bass fish will have a nice surprise with the Exude next year.  I don't use stuff unless it catches fish. Lucky for me I've aligned myself with some good companies who make good products. It sure helps feed my habit. Kind of like a drugy turned drug dealer.  ;D

Esox

« Reply #18 on: Jun 23, 2004, 04:37 PM »
LOL....What's Wordons?  ;) No....I don't make a penny from any company. They sponsor me to fish and to work shows/store promos. I get the same thing if they sell zero product or if they empty the place. I just get to use the porducts that I would normally use and it's easier on the wallet. I'm a no BS kind of guy. If something works I'll tell people...If something does not, then I'll tell them that too. I put myself in the place of the people I talk to. Would I want some guy to tall me something worked just to sell it? Or would I want him to tell me the truth? Truth it is.

grumpymoe

« Reply #19 on: Jun 23, 2004, 04:47 PM »
i had the opportunity to try Gulp once so far this season...man does that stuff dry hard....read...cement...you will not get it off unless is soaked....but i do have to say...it worked for me...grump :P

suskymusky

« Reply #20 on: Jun 28, 2004, 12:04 AM »
My go to lure is a jointed Rapala in black/silver.My second choice would be a 1/8 oz. jig tipped with original Powerbait 3" grubs.I've tried Gulp with no success.It doesn't live up to all the hype.It doesn't outfish all other baits, and I won't buy any more.
"IMAGINATION is more important than KNOWLEDGE" Albert Einstein

cnyfishing

« Reply #21 on: Mar 09, 2005, 03:05 PM »
A purple lead head tied with black bucktail and a few strands of rainbow falsh-a-bou. Also a 1/2 ounce lead head with a 4 inch plastic shad.
"Telephone repair men climb poles fishermen use rods"
      -Gary Loomis
Late to bed, early to rise; fish all day, make up lies.
                  There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #22 on: Apr 05, 2005, 03:12 PM »
I have had good luck with the Storm's Hot'N'Tot in firetiger and for jigs, curly tail grubs or the Storm Wildeye swimbaits also in fire tiger, shad or, bluegill. I want to try the new Storm Wildeye Live series this season, they should be a good multi species catcher :thumbup_smilie: ;D

Water Wolf
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

RogueAngler

« Reply #23 on: Apr 08, 2005, 12:35 PM »

With plastics...."the little brown worm" rocks! Gulp, Exude dont hold a candle to it. consistantly bigger fish, higher numbers.

Rogue
" The older I get and the longer I live, the less time I have to go fishing"

OTIS

« Reply #24 on: Apr 08, 2005, 01:39 PM »
Mr. Twisters or Rapala's.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Big Burk

« Reply #25 on: Oct 05, 2006, 09:41 PM »
mister twister single and double curly tails (white, yellow and neon green) on a 1/8 oz. jighead is my go to lure for river walleye. i have caught 95% of my walleye this year on them. and if they arnt hitting on those i will try a few different Berkly Powerbaits 3' black leech seem to be the ticket, got a nice surprise when a 6lb pike decided to bite followed by a bunch of smaller pike. other than that rapala shad raps and cotton cordel walleye diver seem to be the best crankbaits for walleye.

NoGood

« Reply #26 on: Apr 28, 2007, 09:46 AM »
Lots of things work at different times of the year. Some of my goto lures and baits are crawler harnesses with a bottom bouncers,jigheads tipped with a minnow,leech or crawler,flatlining crankbaits,plain hook with a splitshot and a minnow.

reelNeYesin

• fishing NYS...........PRICELESS
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2007, 07:52 AM »
hey esox im sorry to bust your bubble but this is a site for walleye im happy you catch fish with your suit on
do you really need to fish  in such gear ???
maybe its the clothes ive been wearing

theres mosquito's on the river.  .   . fish are rising up like birds

reelNeYesin

• fishing NYS...........PRICELESS
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2007, 08:00 AM »
now to stay on the topic depending if im fishing from shore or boat
i use jigs 1/8th to1/2 oz tipped with worm
from shore i will use thundersticks or shad raps depending on depth
theres mosquito's on the river.  .   . fish are rising up like birds

Wisc.whitetailer

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2007, 08:03 AM »
Chartrouse twister on a pearl white jig tipped with a big ole fathead minnow.
Go pack!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.