FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pushing/Pulling Cranks For Crappies  (Read 3441 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Pushing/Pulling Cranks For Crappies
« on: May 10, 2006, 12:34 PM »
I read an article recently about using this method to catch good quantities of crappies (I dont remember which mag because I read to many).

I article talks about using full size cranks instead of "crappie cranks" and attaching them using a 3triple swivel. Then using a heavy bell sinker on the bottom.

They were raving about the technique and i was wondering if any of you have tried this method, and if so, how did it work...

what speed to you troll at?
did you still size down your cranks?
what type of bottom is this best suited for?

thanx

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
Re: Pushing/Pulling Cranks For Crappies
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 04:21 PM »
I haven't done it specifically, but I used to catch quite a few good sized crappies pulling the 'mister twister' version of a shadrap along steep dropoffs at night for 'eyes.

fastribs85

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 05:23 PM »
read a differant article simaler topic while back and started a thread like this check it will say cranckbaits under crappie
naked women and beer we got it all in here

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 09:07 AM »
Well I gave this a try the on Monday, more hassle then it was worth...maybe I was doing somthing wrong?

I found that it was much easier to get tangles or caught up in the weeds while using this method. After the first half hour or so I just cut off the drop weighted line and trolled with a crank. Still no fish, but atleast I was not getting tanlged up none stop.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.