FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Saturday get-together of MB MFFers  (Read 4614 times)

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
Saturday get-together of MB MFFers
« on: Oct 02, 2004, 06:20 PM »
Well, it appears I am the first to post.  As expected, I met up with the others late...didn't want to bother having grouchy kids by getting them up too early.  When I got there, I find I had missed Perchpounder by abuot half an hour, but Grumpymoe and Mrs. Grump were there, along with TrhphyHunter and Monophil.  I set up the two kids and wound up holding one of their rods before long.  Then the call of the food arrived and Joseph never left the fire area.  An hour or so after I got there, Mrs. Thriller joined us with the third child.  They ate something, then my boss proceeded to pick up one of the "abandoned" kid's rods and within 5 minutes or so had a really nice sauger.  It nearly became an expensive sauger as she proceeded to fling her rings from her finger...6 year old spotted one pretty quickly and a little while later Grump spotted the other (don't let his looks fool ya...I'm not sure where he's at, but at least the vision isn't the first to go with those hawk eyes).  Anyway, here is a shot of that fish...

Unfortunately, we had to leave shortly thereafter.  When we left, the score was approximately as follows (all sauger):

TrophyHunter - several
Monophil - a couple
Mrs. Thriller - one nice one
Thriller & Grumpymoe - goose egg

Derek

grumpymoe

Re: Saturday get-together of MB MFFers
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2004, 10:13 PM »
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!..what a cold start to the day....left mountain road just before 4:00am...strong westerly wind seemed to follow all the way to portage la prairie...arrive to find the Master..(trophyhunter)....waiting to thump.......HEHEHE!!!..journey on to selkirk...and meet up at timmys as planned...Monophil has been patiently sipping coffee for about 1/2hr....gotta like a man that's on time...head over the the choice????spot....man its chilly...get a fire started to heat??? things up.....finally set up...first bad sign....winds south-westerly...but the water is high...perfect day would be winds out of the north...not to be...waiting for Thriller and clan to show....they arrive just before noon...nice warm fire....the "ponka fries" are just about ready to go on.....and the star arrives...its the youngest of the Thriller family....gotta love his fishing attire....and patience.....this little guy stayed by the fire....and just about managed 3 plates of fries...of course with ketchup...BTW...Monophils son showed up not too long after we set up....and scored the biggest??? fish of the day.....this lost burbot.....too  bad he couldnt stay the day.....Monophil lands this monster.......(he's the one with the big smile and moustache)....just about had to give him and hand holding this one up........trophyhunter was the man of the day.....i think the score was TH+7 or 8 sauger....Monophil 3.....Thriller....0.....Grump.00000000000!!!!....my wife Nancy.0000 Perchpounder....3???? including his gargantuous burbot......(just about ate this thumb)...HEHEHEHE....actually....after looking over other posts about todays fishing on the Red......the group did very well....alot of anglers caught the big ZERO...me being one of them....BTW.....Habanero Bob finally shows up at 4:00ish....not that he didnt want to fish.....kids come first.....but if you look at the last pic....you can see he's just about skipping happy to finally arrive for some fishing....good or bad.....grump                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Aaron Wiebe

« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2004, 11:08 PM »
Nice work guys.
Awesome that you made it a good time, regardless of weather and fishing quality. 8)

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #3 on: Oct 02, 2004, 11:37 PM »
It was a fun day with lots of laughs good food a few fish.A couple of missed  big hits including MonoPhils rod almost going in the drink :o whatever it was it bit the hook right off the pickeral rig!It was great to meet everyone and to fish with Grump again.What's next an Ice fishing get together??????????? ;D

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2004, 04:17 AM »
sounds like good times!!and thanks for the pics too!!
Scotty 

devil-man

« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2004, 08:21 AM »
Thanks for sharing your day with us.
Some of us had to work- being cold and having fun with friends is a hell of a lot better, regardless of the catch. Sounds like you had enough fries anyway...

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #6 on: Oct 03, 2004, 08:44 AM »
Joseph had about 3 plates worth of those tasty fries...grump couldn't get away to fish as a result...unfortunately Joseph had a bit too much and wasn't feeling well later...not sure how long he'll keep the lesson learned.

It was good to meet some more local fishing fanatics...now I know who to talk to if I want to try out western MB (well, I knew that for a while, but I've now met him in person)...and there's some of you who now have proof that wife outfishes me....

Derek

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #7 on: Oct 03, 2004, 10:41 AM »
good going grump you poisoned the kid  :sick:
Scotty 

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #8 on: Oct 03, 2004, 12:33 PM »
Thriller that was crazy she showed up and out of nowhere nails the biggest sauger of the day :o great to see you all spending quality time together like that can't wait till my little girl is old enoough to come too.

perch pounder

• Keep on poundin'
« Reply #9 on: Oct 04, 2004, 08:25 AM »
So my Burbot was the largest of the day ?  ::)
 Too bad I couldn't stay the whole day and meet the Thriller clan but there is always ice fishing for perch on Lake Manitoba  ;D
It was nice to meet all those present and hope to meet more .

P.S. Thriller ,

Did those guys leave any candy ofr the kids or did they eat it all? That may also be one of the reasons Joseph was ill.
here  fishy , fishy , fishy.......

grumpymoe

« Reply #10 on: Oct 04, 2004, 08:55 AM »
too bad Grump poisoned little Joseph.....man can he ever eat.....when we were getting ready for saturday, my wife washed around 6-7lbs of taters....i told her that wouldn't be enough...she looked at me like i was crazy....so we washed up some more.....from around 10 plus pounds....3 taters left...hotdogs and hamburgers....all the fixins courtesy of Monophil.......perchpounder's pre halloween treats for the Thriller kids...roasted marshmallows......yep....must have been the fries......Grump ;D

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #11 on: Oct 04, 2004, 07:01 PM »
Well, the fries were the only things Joseph was really gobbling...he really liked them...as far as I know, he didn't have any burgers or dogs...the boss showed up, so she was looking after him....  Honestly grump, I think he simply ate too much.

Yes, there were some treats left for the varmints.  Of course, nobody offered me any chocolate....  Then again, if I'd spent more time by the fire rather than with a pointless fishing rod, perhaps I would have noticed...I remember someone asking if it was OK for the kids to have....

Mind you, that's more than forty-eight hours ago now and things are fading fast....

Derek

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #12 on: Oct 04, 2004, 08:36 PM »
Well it looks like Big walleye missed a really fun time. Well I had my fun in Tennessee last week. Great people and great food. First time I have ever eaten catfish. Hey grump I actually had fish and you got skunked. ::) ::) ::) trophy you rock buddy. Were you snaring them again ;D ;D ;D  Mrs thriller you have to crazy glue those rings girl. ;) ;) ;) I am very glad everyone had a great time. I look forward to possibly the last boating session in two weeks from now. Then bring on the auger and let the ice chips fly.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

The Rocket

« Reply #13 on: Oct 04, 2004, 09:12 PM »
Great time guys!! Man I wish I was there. I may have to slip out next week and catch a couple Bulegills. There's a great place just south of our new house.

Rocket>
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #14 on: Oct 09, 2004, 02:21 PM »
Grump was the main organizer, and he made sure that nobody froze that morning, sawing wood and getting the fire going.  Mrs. Moe kept it going, and most of us had to take a break to warm fingers every now and then.  I met a great bunch of fishermen and ladies, and had a terrific time.  Couple that with two jumbo dogs, one and a half plates of ponka fries, and one of Nancy's burgers for lunch, I was stuffed.  Didn't eat supper that day.  - And I still took food home.  Thrillers kids didn't eat half what I figured they would.  Here's a couple of pictures:

Grump and Nancy keeping warm:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.