FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1475739 times)

Perch-Pirate

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #7290 on: May 24, 2020, 05:09 PM »
d**n, enjoying a great day and ends in a major tragedy...so sad

reeleyz

« Reply #7291 on: May 24, 2020, 05:33 PM »
Heart attack would make the most sense. Cool water and a stressful situation.

Very sad.

Chowdaire

« Reply #7292 on: May 24, 2020, 06:25 PM »
Wow. That is awful. So sorry for him and his family.

cnypanfisher

« Reply #7293 on: May 25, 2020, 04:49 AM »
Got some dandys yesterday, if we would stop eating them all some might make the freezer for the rapture.

filetandrelease

« Reply #7294 on: May 25, 2020, 06:16 AM »

Glad you had good fishing Tim , 

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #7295 on: May 25, 2020, 07:21 AM »
It was def lumpy out there yesterday. I drove my boat over to my sisters place on the south shore around noon. Was 10 mph or so the whole way. On the ride home was much better around 8:30 pm.
Nice job findin em

cnypanfisher

« Reply #7296 on: May 25, 2020, 08:41 AM »
How many bluegills you get, inquiring minds want to know. :)

bbfrogger

« Reply #7297 on: May 25, 2020, 09:43 AM »
I ran into A couple in Bernhards bay 2 years ago, it was raining like hell and windy out as well. It was A really bad blow for sure. Come to find out they rented A party barge and went to Waterfront and got loaded. They tried to get back to Anglers bay in huge waves coming from the beach. They wound up on something, knocked half the lower unit off, bobbed around for A couple hours till they found shore. Come to find out they were both loaded with A half A fifth in their kit, I took them back to Anglers bay. I then trucked back with the owner and put the boat in that little creek till his son could tow him back the next day. The whole time they were looking for A second boat (the son was) that wound up by Borios, it was A mess.

Moral of the story is, those people will rent boats to inexperienced people, I saw it personally. I told Deb someone would get killed renting from them eventually. It was not good on the lake at all yesterday morning, and I was in A 17 foot boat. I don't know if they rented A jet ski there, i'm just guessing, but if they did it's just as much their fault as the operator. I loved the other old couple that ran the place, this new guy and his son are both mental midgets.

Got some dandys yesterday, if we would stop eating them all some might make the freezer for the rapture.

IMO people need to take responsibility for their own actions - if I'm in the business of renting anything out its my responsibility to make sure the renters are doing so legally, that the item(s) they are renting is/are in good working order, to warn them of potential dangers, and in the case of pleasure crafts on big bodies of water, make sure they are aware of how to check the weather, or of any bad weather on the way before they leave (or maybe not rent them out if particularly bad weather is on the way).  The people renting can't be the judge and jury on who is "responsible" enough to rent - they can't be mind readers.  Using your logic, 1/2 the people renting cars shouldn't be able to rent a car because no one knows how they will react in an emergency or stressful situation.  Driving a boat drunk is no different than driving a car drunk. Just my opinion

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #7298 on: May 25, 2020, 11:23 AM »
Thoughts and prayers out to the son and his family...

Isn't the water a little chilly for jet sking?
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #7299 on: May 25, 2020, 05:38 PM »
How many bluegills you get, inquiring minds want to know. :)
lol didn’t do any fishing. Went over for dinner is all
Nice job findin em

mcully

« Reply #7300 on: May 28, 2020, 08:42 AM »
surface temps hit 70 in a few spots yesterday but I can say after jumping in it's much colder a few feet down.
Caught fish in several spots from 20-40' on blades and raps. If I could mark them they would bite it seemed. Nothing over 18" though and most under 15" and skinny.

Dug1898

« Reply #7301 on: May 28, 2020, 09:52 AM »
Sad story about Angler's Bay. My condolences to the family.

On a happier note, nice eyes you guys. Nice bait Deadeyez...don't tell me what it was, you'll start a riot...Lmao    ><{{{{;>      ><*>-------------
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
« Reply #7302 on: May 28, 2020, 11:21 AM »
Sad story about Angler's Bay. My condolences to the family.

On a happier note, nice eyes you guys. Nice bait Deadeyez...don't tell me what it was, you'll start a riot...Lmao    ><{{{{;>      ><*>-------------

WOW 70 deg water?  what a difference to where I am in the So tier.

filetandrelease

« Reply #7303 on: May 28, 2020, 11:57 AM »
lol didn’t do any fishing. Went over for dinner is all
Tim watch out that Bobby is a slippery character 😃

cnypanfisher

« Reply #7304 on: May 28, 2020, 04:05 PM »
Tim watch out that Bobby is a slippery character 😃
Yeah I call BS, he doesn't go for A boat ride for someones cooking, and he went that way in MAY, don't you believe it.

Got 3 nice ones and 3 other keepers today, all on spinners and whatnot. If the wind starts coming from the other direction it will be fun, this east wind is rough sometimes.

:)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.