FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: hey scott  (Read 11637 times)

Cider

Re: hey scott
« Reply #45 on: Apr 23, 2004, 08:36 AM »
Ah…come on… Let's let go and have some real fun!  I say we get together on chat tonight and all agree who we will pick on this week by deleting, censoring, and moving their posts for no apparent reason.  Now…who would that be this week?  ;D ;D ;D

I can spare a few posts!!!  :P  :-[  :'(

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #46 on: Apr 23, 2004, 08:43 AM »
 hey Cider, at 931 posts, you can spare more than just a few.haha

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

Cider

« Reply #47 on: Apr 23, 2004, 11:52 AM »
Okay, I have to help stir one more time then I am going to do my part to let this thread die...

Cider - Nice picts of those trout. They are about the easiest fish to catch next to the largemouth bass. :)

DC- for someone who is the (self-proclaimed) king of dishing it out, that is just about the weakest "sour grapes" come-back I have heard yet.  Don't you have anything better than that?!?  ::)  If you are going to rain on another fishermen's parade (Dark Cloud is a good name btw  ;D), you should at least come up with some photographic evidence to back your claims.  I called your bluff with a full house (some of my trout pics).  Now I am about to ante up and make that a royal flush...  ;D

You are right, trout are "about" the easiest fish to catch.  Panfish are THE easiest to catch IMHO.  However, I gave them up when I graduated from a spincast reel to a spinning rod at age ten or so followed by a flyrod at age 15.  Yet, I was waxing nostalgic the other day and purchased a new spincast outfit with some slip-bobbers.  I had a sudden urge to go bluegill and pumpkinseed fishing this summer.

As Fat Boy said, if you do your homework they are all easy to catch!!!  The real challenge is catching them when others can't, when the bite isn't on, or by various methods to kick it up a notch!!

So let's see, trout and bucket-mouths are too easy...

How about perch?

Lakers?

Cusk (eelpout as you call 'em)?

Smallies?

I could show you a lot more, but I almost always practice C&R unless I am trout fishing.  I am going salmon fishing tomorrow so maybe I will have some more pics to add to my collection!!

Let's see your fish man!  We want pictures!!   ;D   ;D  ;D

I did have a big problem with another site that I used to frequent. There the moderators were called "pro-staffers". They were there to moderate and give angling advice. That turned bad for alot of us. They ended up pushing the heck out of products that were sponsors and you had people that caught about 7 fish a winter and maybe 8 the rest of the year giveing advice and reporting thier findings....

Isn't a bit unfair for you to compare moderators on MFF to those on another site?  I don't recollect any moderator here proclaiming to be a "pro-staffer".  We aren't here to offer professional angling advice.  We are all, members and moderators alike, good fishermen seeking to become better fishermen.  That is why we visit this site!

Hey im not nameing names or pointing fingers or getting in a peeing contests with anyone. Just haveing some fun although there is some truth to that fun.... :)

The biggest reason why I wanted to be a moderator on this site was to do my part and help out with my home state and in an area I feel comforatble with (fly fishing board).  I think that this is a great site with lots of potential for great fun and useful information.  I just wanted to do my part to add to that.  Take a look at the NH board and you will see what I mean.

If you want to complain about the job that we are doing, then step up and do a better job!!

I would hope that if you or any member on this site takes issue with or find fault in my advice/posts (or the other moderator's posts for that matter) that you  contact me either publicly or privately to work it out with me.  Moderators are here to help too.  I am not unapproachable and I am not infallible.  We are all human and make mistakes.  Life is a constant learning curve.  I participate a lot on this site, but I am not perfect and may issue flawed advice.  However, the advice that I do offer works for me from personal experience.  It may not work for you or others.  I can guarantee that it works for me.

Anyway, don't take any of this too seriously (except for the last part about going to moderators for help).  In my opinion, it is just good natured hassling!!  ;D  :P

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #48 on: Apr 23, 2004, 01:09 PM »
Yeah, and I like the pics!  Let's see everyones pics either here or on the pics site.  Posting them here could lead to "moderator confusion syndrome", a condition that causes confusion among moderators on just where to move this post.  Do I move it to pictures, monster pictures, GOMB, leave it here or what?  Maybe we can just bash our heads against the wall, shake out some cob webs, sit back and look at the fun fishing pictures.  Well, this thread was titled, "Hey Scott".  So, I'm gumma keep it goin' back to that direction by saying, "Hey Scott", got any cool fishing pics that we haven't seen yet to post on here?  I'll have some soon...

Dark Cloud

« Reply #49 on: Apr 23, 2004, 08:36 PM »
Cider - the name Dark Cloud had nothing to do with bringing bad luck. Spend an afternoon in a ice hut or let me be anchor man in the front of the boat, then you can smell the cloud. I'll be sure to eat cream of cabbage soup for breakfast, lunhc, and dinner before hand...
Next time im over my sisters and have acces to her scanner I'll scan some of this past years photos. Do you want a pict of a 12 lb walleye, 44 inch muskie, 35 lb salmon, 15 pound steelhead, 15 inch perch, 10 lb pike, 21 inch smallie, or a 20 inch native rainbow??? Ok, all of em. Or maybe im a cronic lier who has never fished and just likes harrasing people on fishing web-sites? :)
I dont believe I compaired anyone here to another website. I was just making a statement about "pro-staffers"....
So sorry you didnt like my "sour grapes" comeback. I dont like being edited by moderators or administrators so I can never actually type what id like to. :) :) :)
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

Cider

« Reply #50 on: Apr 23, 2004, 09:05 PM »
Yeah Baby Yeah!!  Now we're mixing it up!!  Post 'em all DC!!  I don't discriminate against any pics of fish!  We want to see 'em all!!!

I'm not harrassing you either, just teasing!!  I'd gladly take you up on the offer of sitting in your shanty for a day or spending some time in your boat with you.  I just have one favor to ask...  Would you be terribly offended if I brought along my gas mask and ask that you stay down wind of me??  :P

btw - that offer is a two way street if you don't mind spending a day catching "easy" fish!!  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #51 on: Apr 25, 2004, 12:29 PM »
So we're braggin about fish eh?

Here's some of todays trout.

By the way, that basket is 15" long ;D
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #52 on: Apr 25, 2004, 12:35 PM »
amazing what you can do with a photoshop program. hehe

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #53 on: Apr 25, 2004, 03:35 PM »
Himo,
It's equally amazing what you can do with a little white spinner ;D ;D
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.