FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 34 Days and not so much as a peep??????  (Read 5383 times)

ratso

34 Days and not so much as a peep??????
« on: May 26, 2010, 07:25 AM »
What did they do??????
1. Ban fishing in Jersey?
2. Drain all the lakes? Rivers? Streams? Ponds? Koi ponds? and Aquariums?
3. Find a new web site for fishing news and no one posted it for public consumption?
********** Oh well might as well pull the pin on this site and turn it off, it's just collecting electronic dust any way.

RTVA here I come, never fished down there in the last 27 years, but at least I can get my daily fix of slime, hooks and yucks... :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1:

ShawnM

• MFF Mod Team
  • Captain Of Team Mercer
Re: 34 Days and not so much as a peep??????
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 08:02 AM »
NJ My-fishfinder is slow now iceshanty is a diffrent story  :D
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

RJP

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 11:28 AM »

This time of year we go surf fishing (I did post in the SH thread a couple of weeks ago) - since I'm not much for trout fishing and generally don't go f/w until the bass season opens in mid-June (unless I have it wrong, I think bass season is closed May 15 to June 15).  Also, we usually fish from kayaks in f/w and we don't want to risk going out when the water is still super-cold from the winter. 

dmntd169

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 03:00 PM »
This time of year we go surf fishing (I did post in the SH thread a couple of weeks ago) - since I'm not much for trout fishing and generally don't go f/w until the bass season opens in mid-June (unless I have it wrong, I think bass season is closed May 15 to June 15).  Also, we usually fish from kayaks in f/w and we don't want to risk going out when the water is still super-cold from the winter. 

I've been out in the kayak in the salt for a few weeks now  ;) ;)   Waiting till the wknds over so I can get it back out and try some fluke jigging  ;D ;D
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

ratso

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 09:03 AM »
So there is life after Ice Fishing...

Yes Bass is closed, but fish for Specs and throw the bass back. 66 hits and 3 answers at least tells me some body is paying attention.

kbfishing

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 09:08 PM »
Lakers are biting.  I have caught a total of 10 the last three times out.  Couple of browns too.  All on herring or spoons.  Lots of trolling and downrigging.  Biggest was a 4 lb er.

bigfish

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 08:01 PM »
lot of wind for the past 5 weeks kept me off the water. 

fishgalore

« Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 2010, 09:31 PM »
What did they do??????
3. Find a new web site for fishing news and no one posted it for public consumption?
********** Oh well might as well pull the pin on this site and turn it off, it's just collecting electronic dust any way.

RTVA here I come, never fished down there in the last 27 years, but at least I can get my daily fix of slime, hooks and yucks... :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1:

Here' s a report......read Jim Stabiles column on Sundays.....lots of good stuff.  Three of us fished the Pequest Memorial weekend....Saturday and Monday.    Caught 30-40 trout each day and a couple of suckers too.  We landed 4 Big Momma's as well (included in the count). Here's some pics from Saturday:-

Pics from Monday:-
I had this one on 'bout 7 am but didn't land her...30 seconds more and she was spent....COD got her 'bout 1pm..... 7+ lber and the one on the right was about 5 lbs.

6/25 on Lake Hopatcong 26" Walleye.

6/27 on Big Swartswood but we didn't enter the contest:- 1st one (on left=mine)  is 21 1/2" the other was 19 1/2". Got a bunch of perch, a smalley, a cat and some sunnies too!

fishgalore

« Reply #8 on: Jun 29, 2010, 09:33 PM »
BTW- all the fish caught in the Pequest were catch and release....every one of them.

monkeyman2269

« Reply #9 on: Jun 29, 2010, 09:35 PM »
NICE waldos  BROCHACHO

fishgalore

« Reply #10 on: Oct 24, 2010, 09:25 AM »
My brother has been at the Pequest several days this week and has had some nice action. 16" Brookie, 17" hookjaw Rainbow and a rebel 5 lb Bow that refused to be caught. He had it hooked on the flyrod, airborn, then a rush to the down tree where the line got tangled in the limbs and snap it was off. Next week it's the Big D, I hope, then back to the SR the 1st weekend in Nov. for Steelies and Brownies.

fishgalore

« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2010, 05:31 PM »
What did they do??????

Whispering not fishing is what goes on in NJ.......no reports and very little interaction otherwise on this site. I should request the moderator take NJ off the MFF map.  :sick: :sick: :sick:

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #12 on: Nov 29, 2010, 06:39 PM »
Whispering not fishing is what goes on in NJ.......no reports and very little interaction otherwise on this site. I should request the moderator take NJ off the MFF map.  :sick: :sick: :sick:
People get like that up here also you know. wait until ice fishing kicks in BOB. these guys will clam up until the fish are gone or they are done with that spot. Glad i am not like that  ::) ::) ::) ::)

fishgalore

« Reply #13 on: Nov 29, 2010, 08:33 PM »
People get like that up here also you know. wait until ice fishing kicks in BOB. these guys will clam up until the fish are gone or they are done with that spot. Glad i am not like that  ::) ::) ::) ::)

I'm not so sure about that HT......I was on the NY iceshanty last year reading posts on the Oneida threads. Lots of nice fish pics (Waldos) and even some location information. Also look at how many posts are on the NY MFF, a heck of a lot more than over here. Clam up, maybe, but in NJ it's lockjaw!!!! LOL

I took the motors off the boat for the winter and will definitely tune up the 15 HP gas motor and look at the troller too. Maybe I'll mount the troller on the transom in the spring. Got to do a little research about the pluses and minuses of each option.

I'm gonna hit some local streams and ponds the next couple weeks after work for about an hour a day. I'll tweek my fly casting skills and fish for different species on the fly rod not just trout. I'll also float some different baits like jigs with small worms, real worms, large rubber worms, maybe even a streamer or two, and some other wet flies with the spin caster.

We're talking about what happens if we don't get early ice this year. Maybe another trip back up there for SR fishing. Or if you guys have ice, we'll meet you on Oneida and stay up there a weekend. Thinking about a showdown but I have a new fish finder that I think I can adapt for the ice they make a case and an iceducer for it. It's a hummingbird 190C.....probably cheaper to make the existing one portable.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.