FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: First Ice!  (Read 6274 times)

ratso

First Ice!
« on: Nov 02, 2010, 05:17 PM »
You could not walk on it and it was gone by the afternoon, but the first skim ice on the shallowest pond on the way to the track this morning was there. Let the games begin and the prognosticators spin their tales, a new season is coming at us.

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
Re: First Ice!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2010, 05:51 PM »
where ??? not here anyway ???

KingPerch

« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2010, 06:41 PM »
HT.... Can you spell HARDWATER with only 3 letters?????? :whistling: :whistling:--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

H.T.

« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2010, 06:44 PM »
HT.... Can you spell HARDWATER with only 3 letters?????? :whistling: :whistling:--KP 8)
anytime you are ready to be schooled you can sit right next to your buddy Esox and i will open the can son :P ::) :-* :-* ;D ;D  where is trapper man i miss the old man ::) ::) ::)

KingPerch

« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2010, 02:47 PM »
anytime you are ready to be schooled you can sit right next to your buddy Esox and i will open the can son :P ::) :-* :-* ;D ;D  where is trapper man i miss the old man ::) ::) ::)
hopefully that will be a can of hash for the eggs and perch fillets your gonna be cleaning and cooking!!!! :w00t: Over easy on those eggs bro!!!!  :afro:-SUCKA    ESOX, You hungry???? LMAO!!! :rotflol: :rotflol: KP 8)

ratso

« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2010, 03:51 PM »
Like I said, skim is forming on very very shallow ponds, gone by the afternoon. It's a sign of things to come, and it appears to have gotten a couple of desperadoes attention.
Let the games begin... :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

bluemountainlaker

• just one more cast!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2010, 04:58 PM »
theres a couple small beaver ponds up on the mountain are frozen solid!!!!! i walked acrossed one. 2000+ elevation!

fishgalore

« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2010, 05:27 PM »

ICE-------LOL.  25 on Wildcat Ridge in Rockaway this morning. The coldest spot for miles according to the weatherunderground. Split Rock won't be the 1st to freeze around here though. Hopin that Mt. Hope pond will be ready by Christmas.

H.T.

« Reply #8 on: Nov 03, 2010, 07:37 PM »
ICE-------LOL.  25 on Wildcat Ridge in Rockaway this morning. The coldest spot for miles according to the weatherunderground. Split Rock won't be the 1st to freeze around here though. Hopin that Mt. Hope pond will be ready by Christmas.
my plan is to be on the ice on christmas eve like last year. if so santa might not come this year again  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: ::) ::) ;D

fishgalore

« Reply #9 on: Nov 03, 2010, 07:49 PM »
my plan is to be on the ice on christmas eve like last year. if so santa might not come this year again  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: ::) ::) ;D

Awesome dude, I was on the ice on Xmas eve 2009 too!!Mt Hope pond had about 4" of glass good enough for little men like you and me HT. Santa came late around here as we caught 20 fish on Jan. 1, 2010. Good mix too. Pickerel, Trout, LM Bass, Perch, Sunfish & a herring. Best day all of 2010 so far for me, (........thinking) except for one day in March when we each got over 100 white perch and crappie. All were released to see another day. That was the absolute best day of fishing ever in my life. Literally, every cast, 10 seconds or less, fish on!!! They were spawning in a stream. COD (Gllripper1) told me to go there.

H.T.

« Reply #10 on: Nov 03, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Awesome dude, I was on the ice on Xmas eve 2009 too!!Mt Hope pond had about 4" of glass good enough for little men like you and me HT. Santa came late around here as we caught 20 fish on Jan. 1, 2010. Good mix too. Pickerel, Trout, LM Bass, Perch, Sunfish & a herring. Best day all of 2010 so far for me, (........thinking) except for one day in March when we each got over 100 white perch and crappie. All were released to see another day. That was the absolute best day of fishing ever in my life. Literally, every cast, 10 seconds or less, fish on!!! They were spawning in a stream. COD (Gllripper1) told me to go there.
wow we have some good ice fishing up here also. you and gillripper are always welcomed to go with me. you might want to give your arm a rest before you go with me though. i go on the ice and open a can a lot so be ready. i am talking about buckets of fish here  ::) ::) ;D ;D anytime my freind

fishgalore

« Reply #11 on: Nov 04, 2010, 04:34 AM »
wow we have some good ice fishing up here also. you and gillripper are always welcomed to go with me. you might want to give your arm a rest before you go with me though. i go on the ice and open a can a lot so be ready. i am talking about buckets of fish here  ::) ::) ;D ;D anytime my freind

My brother and I may just have to take you up on that this season (Gillripper1 doesn't go ice fishing as much). Buckets sounds good to us! You'll meet Mike this weekend since he'll be with me for this last river trip of 2010.

KingPerch

« Reply #12 on: Nov 04, 2010, 12:23 PM »
OH, NOW IT'S BUCKETS!!!!!!  I'm not giving you that ladder HT..... I need it for the pile that's getting deep around here!!!! Don't wanna get my boots dirty!!! ;D--KP 8)

fishgalore

« Reply #13 on: Nov 04, 2010, 04:23 PM »
OH, NOW IT'S BUCKETS!!!!!!  I'm not giving you that ladder HT..... I need it for the pile that's getting deep around here!!!! Don't wanna get my boots dirty!!! ;D--KP 8)

LMAO!!

H.T.

« Reply #14 on: Nov 04, 2010, 04:29 PM »
you here that Bob  ??? i mean did you really here that. as usual these guys always pick on the short guys  ??? that's OK we will just flank you from the side and knock you down and take your holes KP  :-* :-* :-* :-* Gamma wont be much help with the wheel chair and Trapper will be over on the other side talking about PDF,s or something. me and fishgalore will be pounding the fish while you guys are trying to figure out how to get off the ice before dark. YOU started it  ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.