FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mountain Lake for Muskie  (Read 4850 times)

fishgalore

Mountain Lake for Muskie
« on: Nov 26, 2010, 10:50 PM »
Goin for Muskie in the AM. Got a small one, 30" 6-7 lb. 2-3 yr old early in Sept.

Anyone see the monster that was caught this fall in Hopatcong??  Click here to see:-http://www.mi22.com/  50.25" length x 24" girth. The state record is 42 lbs. 13 oz. This one is probably several lbs. smaller.

TheReelDeal

Re: Mountain Lake for Muskie
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2010, 11:10 AM »
Beautiful fish one that ive never fished for but always hoping to catch while fishing.We just had a monster caught here also.You can see the pic of it under Clayton,NY Musky

dmntd169

« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2010, 12:47 PM »
Nice to see some survived the 2 separate fish kills last year...as to the NJ record, its been beaten on ATLEAST several occasions so far by MI22 members who released the fish without getting official weights including a 57" fish caught outta Greenwood a few years back that I can safely say would have shattered the record  ;)
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

fishgalore

« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2010, 05:09 PM »
Beautiful fish one that ive never fished for but always hoping to catch while fishing.We just had a monster caught here also.You can see the pic of it under Clayton,NY Musky

Can you post the link? I'd like to see it, thanks.

fishgalore

« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2010, 05:13 PM »
Nice to see some survived the 2 separate fish kills last year...as to the NJ record, its been beaten on ATLEAST several occasions so far by MI22 members who released the fish without getting official weights including a 57" fish caught outta Greenwood a few years back that I can safely say would have shattered the record  ;)

Was that the Jersey portion of Greenwood?

Terrible day to be out on an electric trolling motor only lake. Trolling was a mistake. We got beached for about 20 min. before a homeowner brought a long pole so we could push off. Then we had to use the oar along with the motor and it took about an hour to get back near the dock so we could actually fish. I'd bet outta the 3 hrs on the water we fished about 1 1/2 hrs. Not a follow.

dmntd169

« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2010, 05:24 PM »
Was that the Jersey portion of Greenwood?

Terrible day to be out on an electric trolling motor only lake. Trolling was a mistake. We got beached for about 20 min. before a homeowner brought a long pole so we could push off. Then we had to use the oar along with the motor and it took about an hour to get back near the dock so we could actually fish. I'd bet outta the 3 hrs on the water we fished about 1 1/2 hrs. Not a follow.

From what I remember it was from the NJ portion of Greenwood. I know he had launched in NJ and if you launch from NJ the fish would count in NJ regardless of where it was caught. Same as on the Big D the record counts for the state you launched from.

Thats what I always hated about electric only lakes. Merril Creek is even worse with the wind and being electric only really makes it a p.i.t.a. to fish from the boat
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

ratso

« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2010, 08:28 AM »
I remember having to row the 12 footer for 45 minutes one windy day to get back to the beach which was less than 250 feet from the spot we anchored in, in Shark River. A full 5 gallon bucket of flounder and we paid dearly for them. The old "One step foreword and two steps back" was in full effect that day. As to electric trolling motors, I never buy anything but the strongest on the market at the time that will run off a 12 volt. You live you learn, sometimes... ;D

fishgalore

« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2010, 05:26 PM »
I remember having to row the 12 footer for 45 minutes one windy day to get back to the beach which was less than 250 feet from the spot we anchored in, in Shark River. A full 5 gallon bucket of flounder and we paid dearly for them. The old "One step foreword and two steps back" was in full effect that day. As to electric trolling motors, I never buy anything but the strongest on the market at the time that will run off a 12 volt. You live you learn, sometimes... ;D

The one I have came with the boat...evinrude scout. It works well and the whole set up was the "price is right".
I think the combination of the wind with the cold may have caused the marine batteries to weaken more so than normal. Both were bought this year. AT least I hope that's what it is. If not then it may be a problem with the motor itself.

kbfishing

« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2010, 04:28 AM »
Nothing beats a good 24 volt trolling motor.  All day on the same charge and 70lb thrust to boot.  No problem cutting through the wind. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.