FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Smallmouth fishing on NJ Watersheds  (Read 2509 times)

da-phish

Smallmouth fishing on NJ Watersheds
« on: Jan 14, 2011, 06:47 PM »
Just throwing this out there,how is the sawbelly fishing for smallies on the above?

ratso

Re: Smallmouth fishing on NJ Watersheds
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2011, 09:39 AM »
Well your question is an interesting one. Most NJ guys are not off the ice yet, but let's get the ball rolling on the open water thing early.

Saw-belly for Smallies???? define saw-belly - do you mean herring? If so, then you would do much better than with shiners. BUT, 4.50 a dz. -vs- 8-10 a dz. for herring. Sounds exp.

Second question... which water shed(s), there are several in NJ. North, South or central. Give us a name.
R U a CPR guy? Are you looking for a meal? Boat? Shore? River?

da-phish

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2011, 08:02 PM »
Well your question is an interesting one. Most NJ guys are not off the ice yet, but let's get the ball rolling on the open water thing early.

Saw-belly for Smallies???? define saw-belly - do you mean herring? If so, then you would do much better than with shiners. BUT, 4.50 a dz. -vs- 8-10 a dz. for herring. Sounds exp.

Second question... which water shed(s), there are several in NJ. North, South or central. Give us a name.
R U a CPR guy? Are you looking for a meal? Boat? Shore? River?

Ratso,do u know y they call sawbellies sawbellies?  Herring, as u know( or not)run ur finger long the bellie towards the gill.it's saw like. I fish Clinton mostly. Never kill anything.

ratso

« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2011, 07:07 AM »
Da-Pish - I also am big on Clinton. Fish the middle on the troll out there all the time. If I get the permits this year, we should get together and trades secrets.  :thumbup_smilie:

stevepc

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2011, 12:03 PM »
lake hopatcong has some great smallmouth fishing this time of year. catch a few near 4 pounds every year in the spring

da-phish

« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2011, 03:09 PM »
Da-Pish - I also am big on Clinton. Fish the middle on the troll out there all the time. If I get the permits this year, we should get together and trades secrets.  :thumbup_smilie:
[/quo

Ratso,I have trolled to the point before you see the dam,nothing. I put down bait and boom. Some of the best smallie fishing I have ever had hands down.I have been in central Canada,norhtern Canada and Lake george to mention a few.Clinton is 15minutes from my house ,who knew?Biggest to date is 21.75 inches and about 5.25. pounds,caught them on dead bait also. Herring rule and shiners suck. Let's fish soon,however, I don't get to Clinton till August ususally,spend my time hunting big browns on Roundout and Pepacton in NY, Da=Phish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.