FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fluke Fishing  (Read 5059 times)

bayonne

Re: Fluke Fishing
« Reply #15 on: Jun 21, 2004, 01:31 PM »
were did you fish at mark i went sunday and it was lousy the one fluke we got was the only bite other than a short stiper early we were reading loads of fish but no bitters the  striper was 23 in

ShawnM

• MFF Mod Team
  • Captain Of Team Mercer
« Reply #16 on: Jun 21, 2004, 02:38 PM »
we fish all over in the bay we got the bigger fish on the NJ side. Fish the Nole & off of Kingsberg & B-19
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

fishkopp

• Team Extreme
« Reply #17 on: Jun 22, 2004, 05:39 PM »
Mark

You know me (mr catch and release ) but when it come to fluke ,it's catch eat , damm they're some tastey snacks . I'm going to have to give it a try this weekend .

Mike k.

mark mercer

• Team Mercer
« Reply #18 on: Jun 22, 2004, 06:47 PM »
mike i havent met many people where it wasnt catch and eat with fluke, so dont feel to bad

bayonne

« Reply #19 on: Jul 10, 2004, 03:48 PM »
went out today off the hook three keepers and three shorts and a mess of skates and dog fish and sea robbinsall near the #7 can killie and squid combos 4 guys fishing so it was a slow day for fluke

RJP

« Reply #20 on: Jul 11, 2004, 08:26 AM »

We were out fishing from the surf at the rips area of Sandy Hook on 7/10 in the morning.  Caught one short fluke on a squid/bunker combo around 6:00.  Didn't see anyone else doing much of anything with fluke the entire morning.  One guy using live killies had a couple ofshort fluke.  I didn't see any keepers off the beach.

Around 6:30 am a swarm of bluefish came by.  Caught a bunch using AV17 jigs with red surgi-tails.

After 7:00 or so it was real slow.  Nobody doing much of anything.

Went to the bay side around 11:00.  No fish, plenty of seaweed and bugs.

bayonne

« Reply #21 on: Jul 31, 2004, 02:42 PM »
fished by the 19 and 20 can was a slow pick for three keepers 1/2 dozen shorts one sand shark some skates and one ray man they pull hard and it wasnt even a big one

RJP

« Reply #22 on: Aug 02, 2004, 07:54 AM »

Went to Sandy Hook on Saturday - caught two short fluke on squid/spearing.  Caught one good size blue fich on bunker and lost another when he bite through thte line.  Around 9:30 a school of small blusfish came by.

One guy causght a big cow-nose ray on a killie.

RJP

« Reply #23 on: Aug 02, 2004, 04:09 PM »

Also, as of Saturday at Sandy Hook, from the surf, the seaweed wasn't too bad, but crabs were a problem.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.