FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Delaware 2011  (Read 1856 times)

fishgalore

The Delaware 2011
« on: Apr 03, 2011, 03:08 PM »
Some of the boys on the Big D today minus one with a  :sick: headache :sick:  :cookoo: :w00t:  :nono:...missed you bud.

I got a nice 21" Walleye on the CP  :whistling: :rotflol: That thing didn't want to come up for nothing  :flex: so I thought I got snagged on the way in.  :unsure: She was a female full of eggs. Mike ate her already. They stock like 353000 2-8" Walleye  :thumbup_smilie: in there so we thought one wasn't a problem.  :angel:  Wished we got more!!

George landed this nice 16-17" Brookie and released it.  :clapping: Apr 16-Oct 15th is the season on the Big D.  :flag:

Nice day to be out there fishing. Shad fishing probably next weekend.

Locnar

Re: The Delaware 2011
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2011, 04:08 PM »
Eyes are tough this time of year, nice to see someone hitting them. Big D is loaded with eyes, unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it there is a consumption advisory on eyes from the river, not that 1 meal is gonna do anything to you. Picture is from one of my winter spots, gets hit pretty hard, but always produces year after year. Big D is loaded with eyes, but the advisory and the fact that most guys dont even know they are there or how to fish for them keeps it loaded. Some big eyes in there 8-10 lbers caught every year, with the ocasional 11 lber. My biggest is 25" 7lb, but Im working on breaking that PB every winter.

fishgalore

« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2011, 04:53 PM »
Eyes are tough this time of year, nice to see someone hitting them. Big D is loaded with eyes, unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it there is a consumption advisory on eyes from the river, not that 1 meal is gonna do anything to you. Picture is from one of my winter spots, gets hit pretty hard, but always produces year after year. Big D is loaded with eyes, but the advisory and the fact that most guys dont even know they are there or how to fish for them keeps it loaded. Some big eyes in there 8-10 lbers caught every year, with the ocasional 11 lber. My biggest is 25" 7lb, but Im working on breaking that PB every winter.

Thanks for the info. ......but the advisory doesn't tell you why! We have targeted Smallies and Wally's there before and this is the 1st time we actually caught a Wally. I did catch a small Smallie last season on a woolly Bugger though. 

One of my buds got a nice 26"er on Lake Hopatcong last June that was 7lbs or more. Mike had one slam his large Phoebe the same night around the magic hour that he swears was every bit of 10 lbs. He was in the front of the boat I was in the rear. But he doesn't tell stories and has good judgment on sizes. It shook the hook and we didn't land it.

fishgalore

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2011, 05:00 PM »

Here you can find a picture of COD's 26"er from LH. Just scroll down and you'll see the pics.

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=37225.0

fish4life

« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2011, 07:43 PM »
nice fish bob .just getting out that's all that matters.that's why they call it fishing not  catching then there would be no fishing.have a good 1 hope to hook up again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.