FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: opening day trout  (Read 2111 times)

fish4life

opening day trout
« on: Apr 11, 2011, 08:57 PM »
what a great day it was .we all got our limits .as i was cleaning up i hear a people yelling as i look up see my son aj with his rod bent over. ran over couldn't believe my eyes.what was a 23 1/2 in rainbow guessing 2 1/2 maybe 3 pounds man she was fat. nice way to end the day.don't know how to post pics sorry.gotta hand it to my son he always makes my day.

fishgalore

Re: opening day trout
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2011, 10:18 PM »
what a great day it was .we all got our limits .as i was cleaning up i hear a people yelling as i look up see my son aj with his rod bent over. ran over couldn't believe my eyes.what was a 23 1/2 in rainbow guessing 2 1/2 maybe 3 pounds man she was fat. nice way to end the day.don't know how to post pics sorry.gotta hand it to my son he always makes my day.

Nice job AJ....outfished me this time bud. That fish is at least 4 lbs if it was a female that was 23 1/2" long and fat to boot. 

http://www.jrwfishing.com/fish_sizes.asp

Mike fished today and hooked up with 7 or so trout, mostly Brookies, but some Bows too. All on the fly rod. He said he matched the stonefly hatch and bingo. Another bud got a nice 17" Brookie and a 22-23" Bow as well. Salmon eggs and worms were the menu for him.

fish4life

« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2011, 06:26 AM »
thanks for the info bob. nice goin on your end.he got that on a night crawler. we have to get together again.your going to the salmon river this weekend good luck if i don't talk to you before you go.some day ill make it up there for the steel.

fishthefalls123

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2011, 11:22 AM »
WTG AJ thats awesome !!! Opening day myself we got them good as well along with the beautiful weather to top it off made it perfect. landed a bunch of brookies and a nice breeder brookie just about 19-20inchs

fish4life

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2011, 07:20 PM »
thanks fish. my son really appreciates it. he is only 14 and does well when dad just stands there and  says how does he do it . ::)

fishthefalls123

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2011, 09:57 PM »
lol  :rotflol: . hope everything goes good for you guys this season and hope to meet up again soon and hopefully Aj will have some waders this time

fish4life

« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2011, 08:43 PM »
ya  mike i hope so. at the hatchery the waders were over his neck.still have to search some1 has to have 1s his size.maybe just get him hip 1s for now. lets plan on a day to get together.maybe after bob gets back from the salmon river. good luck out there

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.