FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Marks 1st Steelie-Mission accomplished  (Read 1547 times)

fishgalore

Marks 1st Steelie-Mission accomplished
« on: Apr 17, 2011, 06:57 PM »
Mark landed his 1st this morning at about 9:20 am in "Trout Brook" which feeds into the SR. A female that probably unloaded her eggs as he carried her back to the car. Hence her belly looks like it was deflated. She measured at 27 1/2". The day before he landed a bunch of small natural born Rainbows in the same location that he caught her today. I got my only fish for the 2 1/2 days too, a 7" er but had a nice 15-16" Bow or Brownie on near the intersection of the SR. The wind and rain were brutal from noon til ?? yesterday. I packed it in about 5 pm while Mark went back alone til about 7:30 pm.

On Friday morning I thought he would land his 1st as he had a nice one on for about a minute while using a nightwalker in Orwell. In the afternoon we fished at the "Buckey" hole (uniquely named by the KOTSR club to veil it's location) but the river was raging pretty well at about 2500 cfs. (It's at 3990 at Pineville's recent read). We did fish in Altmar late on Friday and saw one presumed big brown on in the LFZ that the guy fought for over 30 minutes. We left so we never saw it get landed as the gent was being patient to land it. It never came up so that's why it was presumed to be a big brown.

Nice trip but bad timing this time around. Thanks to Don and Scott for the accomodations!!!

fish4life

Re: Marks 1st Steelie-Mission accomplished
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2011, 10:32 PM »
WTG mark  :clapping:glad you made the best of it in those conditions. nice looking fish.
someday ill make the trip up for those steelies. i always go in the fall and never hooked 1.
did bob use the pin. nice going bob hope the next 1 you guys ill nail them.

fishthefalls123

Re: Marks 1st Steelie-Mission accomplished
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2011, 05:36 PM »
the trip was beyond amazing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.