FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stripers!  (Read 13425 times)

fishthefalls123

Stripers!
« on: Apr 26, 2011, 05:35 PM »
Went out of atlantic highlands today and did a excellent job caught 3 gorgeous bass up to 36 1/2 inchs and my girlfriend caught her first ever bass at 34 1/2 inches. great day  out. people should head out there its hot fishing now. All fish today were caught on Diamond jigs, Deadly Dicks, krocidials, and large spoons. great stuff gorgeous weather couldnt ask for a better day

fishgalore

Re: Stripers!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2011, 06:47 PM »
Here's a sampling of his catch on the day!!!  This was in the am.
33 1/2"er & 34 1/2"er probably around 12-15 lbers.

fish4life

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2011, 10:16 PM »
nice fish  mark and congrates to the gf.I'm so close to the beach but haven't gone yet . don't ask me why  don't know . friends call me and its on fire  :( ill just wait in June when you get the big boys. been helping my buddy getting his boat ready. let me know when your down this way again maybe we can hook up .

fishgalore

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 09:37 PM »
Next Sunday, late afternoon, we have a 6 man 1/2 day charter for Stripers. I hope to get my 25 lber next week. Then all I need the rest of the year is a 25 lb. Muskie and 25 lb Salmon to make my trifecta goal. The only thing that may prevent us from going out is weather otherwise some pics will follow the trip.

fishthefalls123

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 06:54 AM »
give them hell bob

TRACKER1

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 12:46 PM »
Going out of Atlantic Highlands tomorrow, any help would be appreciated. I heard I'll be fighting the Blues.

Rapala

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 04:54 PM »
Next Sunday, late afternoon, we have a 6 man 1/2 day charter for Stripers. I hope to get my 25 lber next week. Then all I need the rest of the year is a 25 lb. Muskie and 25 lb Salmon to make my trifecta goal. The only thing that may prevent us from going out is weather otherwise some pics will follow the trip.

Good luck Mr. Galore.  So, as I read this, you have nada for your trifecta.   ;) Same here.  Good luck on the assault.

fishgalore

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 11:39 PM »

Good luck Mr. Galore.  So, as I read this, you have nada for your trifecta.   ;) Same here.  Good luck on the assault.

You too bro!!  :clapping: It almost sounds like we are going on the same charter :o :o ??? ???

fishgalore

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 05:52 PM »
Some of the Gillrippers went out today....partial report here!
31" er on clams earlier today. Maybe 15 lbs.

fishgalore

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 08:21 PM »
33" er here! And a bunch of keepers. 5 guys went out today on their buds boat 6 tomorrow on a private charter.

6 keepers

fishgalore

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 04:46 AM »
Well we slammed the Blues on Sunday and then landed 2 Stripers, one was a keeper at 28 1/2" my 1st ever.

We caught about 30 Blues on both bunker and clams. I got maybe a dozen and lost another 8 or so. Steel leaders were required!! Then we moved about 7:20 pm to another spot and landed 2 Stripers and 1 Blue all on clams only. One was a shorty about 24" the other a keeper. Guess my 25 lber will be another time but fun none the less.

fish4life

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 09:50 AM »
great job bob. :thumbup_smilie: them blues can be a pia if your looking for stripers..
let me know if you have any days off in june. maybe i can hook
you up on my buddies boat .for sure youll get that 25lber.
AJ will show you how lol. ::)

dmntd169

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 11:24 AM »
great job bob. :thumbup_smilie: them blues can be a pia if your looking for stripers..
let me know if you have any days off in june. maybe i can hook
you up on my buddies boat .for sure youll get that 25lber.
AJ will show you how lol. ::)

Once the blues show up I switch to fluke fishing until the fall...looks like they are here  :-\ :-\
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

fishgalore

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 08:29 PM »
Here's an article I saw this morning in the Star-Ledger. Its got some good info on 50 lbers more numerous off the Jersey shore in recent years.

http://www.nj.com/shore/blogs/fishing/index.ssf/2011/05/fifty-pound_stripers_more_comm.html

fishgalore

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 07:04 AM »
According to Orvis fishing in the NY Harbor and Raritan Bay is "excellent" right now. Stripers, Bluefin (offshore?) and Blues on the fly. Of course other methods will work too!! If you have the means to get out on the saltwater do it as that is where good action will be found!!

http://www.orvis.com/fishing_report.aspx?locationid=7336

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.