FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stripers!  (Read 13421 times)

dmntd169

Re: Stripers!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 04:41 PM »
According to Orvis fishing in the NY Harbor and Raritan Bay is "excellent" right now. Stripers, Bluefin (offshore?) and Blues on the fly. Of course other methods will work too!! If you have the means to get out on the saltwater do it as that is where good action will be found!!

http://www.orvis.com/fishing_report.aspx?locationid=7336

All depends on what you consider offshore  ;) ;)  This time of year we would often see schoolies within 25 miles out when we were sharking and it won't be long before the big boys start showing up in numbers out at the usual spots  ;D
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

fishgalore

« Reply #16 on: Jul 11, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Shore Catch Charters hit some big boys this year. Anyone interested in a tuna charter with them let me know!!!

Just scroll down to the bottom of the page for older posts to see the monster Stripers caught this year. The Tuna look good too!

http://shorecatch.com/wp/

fishgalore

« Reply #17 on: Nov 25, 2011, 07:19 PM »
Stripers to 36" today for some of the boys! Hope the same for Sunday. Heard they got a shark too.

fishthefalls123

« Reply #18 on: Nov 25, 2011, 10:42 PM »
freaking sweet man, im hoping for some monsters. did they go off the boat?

fishgalore

« Reply #19 on: Nov 26, 2011, 04:24 AM »
freaking sweet man, im hoping for some monsters. did they go off the boat?

They did!

fishgalore

« Reply #20 on: Nov 27, 2011, 05:42 PM »
This is what IBSP looked like northward and southward this morning. Reminds me of the SR in Pulaski during the Columbus day weekend. Guys up and down the shoreline. I didn't anticipate that at all. But most guys were nice and it was an experience I enjoyed. Sand eels were everywhere.

I didn't have any action as it was pretty sporatic today. We didn't see many fish caught today.

A short while after we moved southward Mark landed this 32" er on the teaser. Nice FTF!

Here's a better pic of the same fish. It thinned out a little bit and the wind picked up big time by about noon time.

Robbieq16

« Reply #21 on: Nov 29, 2011, 06:28 PM »
Great job men. Looks like summer time on the beach minus women half naked but neway nice fish i went near Bradley beach Sunday got nothing.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #22 on: Nov 29, 2011, 06:57 PM »
This is what IBSP looked like northward and southward this morning. Reminds me of the SR in Pulaski during the Columbus day weekend. Guys up and down the shoreline. I didn't anticipate that at all. But most guys were nice and it was an experience I enjoyed. Sand eels were everywhere.

I didn't have any action as it was pretty sporatic today. We didn't see many fish caught today.

A short while after we moved southward Mark landed this 32" er on the teaser. Nice FTF!

Here's a better pic of the same fish. It thinned out a little bit and the wind picked up big time by about noon time.

Nice dude , the steelhead were out to play today as well  ;D

fishgalore

« Reply #23 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:19 PM »
Nice dude , the steelhead were out to play today as well  ;D

Hope the hot action continues..........back up in 2 weeks.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #24 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:28 PM »
Hope the hot action continues..........back up in 2 weeks.
It is unreal this year  ;D

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #25 on: Nov 30, 2011, 09:40 AM »
look at all those boats out there!!  Reminds me of Race Point in June.

privateeyes

« Reply #26 on: Nov 30, 2011, 07:13 PM »
Wow nice pics! Anybody like toggin on a pb? That is what I want to do reel soon! ;D But man a striper off the surf would be awesome too! I would love to test my 7 ft tidemaster and shimano 4000  but doubt I'd land a cow or anything over 15 with this set up. I do have surf combo but I would rather try testing the TM  I use 20lb braid and try plugs and metal. What is the deal at sandy hook park these days? Remember it was 5 dollars many years ago. and night fishing was allowed.

ratso

« Reply #27 on: Dec 01, 2011, 01:40 PM »
Many years ago it was free if you showed up early or late, booth was not open all the time. Spent a lot of time working the point and the beach, back wen stripers were far and few between. Blues, fluke and the sharpies at night that new the right spots. When you get the detail on accessing the point, spread the word.

dmntd169

« Reply #28 on: Dec 01, 2011, 03:53 PM »
The Hook is free from Labor Day until Memorial Day. To fish at night you have to pick up the night fishing pass available at the ranger station and it costs $50 for the year (although is supposedly going up next year)
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

privateeyes

« Reply #29 on: Dec 01, 2011, 06:41 PM »
Once I kick this nasty cold, I'm hoping to get a few  blackfish trips in before the freeze!  And always look forward for ice fishing season, I start getting my ice fishing gear ready when the early ice reports start showing upstate new york.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.