FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pequest Flow rate  (Read 1942 times)

fishgalore

Pequest Flow rate
« on: Aug 16, 2011, 07:11 PM »
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nj/nwis/uv/?site_no=01445500&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060

Maybe some float fishing this weekend at the Pequest.

fishgalore

Re: Pequest Flow rate
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2011, 05:17 PM »
I don't think I had a bite today. Float fished using flies and plastics til about noon. I know the fish are there too! Water is chocolate and high. Saw some cars in the lot on the way out at least a couple of others were fishing. Headed to Saxon Falls in the afternoon to help Gillripper1 learn to Wallis cast the CP. He said no way can he do that........bad shoulder would interfere so he figured out a way to cast with his right arm/forearm instead of the backhanded way. I don't know if that will effect anything but his distance was as good as mine in minutes.

A group of folks were cleaning up the banks today and picking up trash. Kudos to them. I picked up 3 empty beer cans and an empty doritos bag. Why do people carry the stuff in (heavier) and then leave it as trash (lighter)? I don't get it but I know human nature and many are selfish and discourteous.

ratso

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2011, 09:13 AM »
Once again I apologize to our porcine species for comparasions that are unjust. Galore, if they toss their trash with the possibility of a $500.00 fine, can you imagine what their home's must look like. My Dad taught me that you left things better when you left a place you enjoyed and respected, or you should have a boot up your backside. Rudy Gullianie had it right back in NYC, pound the people on the small infractions and things will change. There is no respect, not for nature or for your fellow man when you are a slob.

fishgalore

« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2011, 09:24 PM »
Pequest is over the flood stage right now. Crazy how high the water remains. This whole year has likely been above the average flow.

Got some gold stoneflies tonight. I hope they are biting on these again.
I did NOT tie this fly. But I will learn this and similar ones this winter.

fishgalore

« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2011, 02:39 PM »
River is down about 100 cfs since this morning but it's very difficult to fish. Nearly impossible to wade more than a few feet from any shoreline. I crossed on a down tree to an island but if you slip off it's gonna be ugly.

Above the bridge last sunday there was a tree along the east shore just below the island, well that's gone now! We noticed the river had changed significantly since the snow storm and with the 2+" of rain this past week it's changed again! The flow was above flood stage and it's still raging and very dangerous but has dropped below flood stage. Beware and don't try to wade across anywhere.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.