FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trout Stocking and Nary a Peep!!  (Read 2951 times)

ratso

Trout Stocking and Nary a Peep!!
« on: Oct 21, 2011, 06:36 PM »
So the fall season is under way and the Jersey Boyz, are doing what they normally do. Not a post, not a trout to be had. Some how I think it's transition time, every one is busy.

Me I'm going to try Ringwood State Park and the lake there and scratch out a few stockers.

After that it's local ponds and stocked trout. Luck to you all... ;D

fishthefalls123

Re: Trout Stocking and Nary a Peep!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2011, 06:59 PM »
ratso i have been out got a nice rainbow on a yozuri pins minnow. about 17 inches nice fat fish how have you been doing?

TRACKER1

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2011, 06:31 PM »
Sorry, I have been busy with work, I heard they stocked the South Branch. They couldn't get into the park, the ground was too soft. A few guys fishing off the bridge, no report there.

fishgalore

« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2011, 06:12 AM »
Pequest was good last weekend and crowded too. Plenty of fish to be had since the fall stocking was 1550 fish. The Rockaway got 1290 fish and the S. Branch got 2570 fish. Plenty of trout fishing yet and Mt. Hope Pond got 160 trout yesterday for the winter stocking. This winter stocking consists of more than 5000 large trout. Here's what they say about them:-

"These 14 inch to 18 inch rainbow trout will come on the heels of the 21,000 two-year old beauties, stocked in October. If you think the trout stocked in October are nice, the winter trout had an extra 6 weeks to grow and the average size will be even bigger"!

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/news/2011/wntrtrt11.htm

privateeyes

« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2011, 06:10 PM »
Greetings from new Jersey! I just joined today and this is my first post. I don't remember the last time I bought a license to fish in the state but, with gas prices a high as they are, thinking about fishing closer to home. I also forget but think it is January to dec anual? ..Can anybody tell me what a fishing license costs with a trout stamp and is it an anual season to season fee or from the date I purchase it for a year to that following  ..like if I bought it now for fall trout, will it expire the end of 2011 or be good till  December 1 2012 ? Does jersey still stock brookies or just rainbows? And do they still stock the wanaque and ramapo river in passaic county? tia

fishgalore

« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2011, 06:21 PM »
Greetings from new Jersey! I just joined today and this is my first post. I don't remember the last time I bought a license to fish in the state but, with gas prices a high as they are, thinking about fishing closer to home. I also forget but think it is January to dec anual? ..Can anybody tell me what a fishing license costs with a trout stamp and is it an anual season to season fee or from the date I purchase it for a year to that following  ..like if I bought it now for fall trout, will it expire the end of 2011 or be good till  December 1 2012 ? Does jersey still stock brookies or just rainbows? And do they still stock the wanaque and ramapo river in passaic county? tia

To answer your question about type of trout stocked here ya go:-

"Fall stocking commences Tuesday, October 11th. Approximately 20,000 two-year old brook and rainbow trout, averaging 14-17 inches, are stocked in 16 streams and 16 ponds and lakes over a two-week period. Streams are stocked during the first week, and ponds and lakes are stocked during the second week. In addition to these trout, up to 1,000 broodstock trout (three-year old rainbow trout, averaging 18-24 inches) are also stocked. Broodstock trout are mixed in with each truckload of fish. All fish were raised at the division's Pequest Trout Hatchery".

Found that info here:- http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/flstk11.htm

The license is from Jan. 1 - Dec. 31

Here's the fee schedule:-

LICENSE and STAMP FEES
(Licenses are valid from date of purchase to Dec. 31 of each year)
Resident Fishing (Ages 16-64 yrs.) $22.50
Sr. Resident Fishing (Ages 65-69 yrs.) $12.50
Resident Trout Stamp $10.50
Non-Resident Fishing (Ages 16 and up) $34.00
Non-Resident Trout Stamp $20.00
7-Day Vacation Fishing (nonresidents only) $19.50
2-Day Vacation Fishing (nonresidents only) $9.00
All Around Sportsman (includes Resident Fishing,
Firearm Hunting and Bow Hunting licenses) $72.25

Found here:-http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/fishneed.htm
Welcome aboard!

privateeyes

« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2011, 06:52 PM »
Thank you for the kind reply and congrats to some nice pics! I think I will wait till after new year and hopefully get some good hard water this winter. Meanwhile, I have yet to try for some jersey inshore saltwater! again, thank you for the warm welcome

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.