FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: any reports for bottom fishing ?  (Read 2447 times)

privateeyes

any reports for bottom fishing ?
« on: Dec 22, 2011, 08:02 PM »
I want to jig some tog off the jersey shore , any reports appreciated

privateeyes

Re: any reports for bottom fishing ?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2011, 10:07 AM »
Anybody been doing any saltwater tis time of the year? thinking of bottom fishing off a party boat out of belmar if anyone is interested.. the weather I want is calm seas. merry xmas

fishthefalls123

« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2012, 09:05 AM »
well i went the following day to go bottom fishing for tog on the 26th and it was rough due to the rough seas and high winds. people got some tog some people did good i think only one man got his limit. i heard from recent reports that fishing has been good with a good action of shorts to keeper ratio of about 1 keeper out of about 3 shorts. off shore been good on wreck with ling and cod with seabass mixed in. im going out on this coming thursday on the paramount with a buddy. boat leaves at 5am

dmntd169

« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2012, 10:54 AM »
http://www.app.com/article/20120305/NJNEWS/303050037/DEP-seizes-black-sea-bass-caught-out-legal-season?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

1 of the most respected fleets on the NJ coast has no problems with people poaching while on board  :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

ratso

« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2012, 12:37 PM »
The Bogans don't come out looking good after the Fish and Game guys ran the sting on their customers.

You don't jig TOG. You fish crabs or clams or some kind of bait on the bottom, with as little up and down as you can manage.

If you have not fished for blackfish before, be prepared, it's a skill that only a few excel at, most people only do well on days
       when the blackfish are whacking whatever you send down. This does not happen often.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.