FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Where to fish near Pittstown  (Read 3166 times)

Boatswain

Where to fish near Pittstown
« on: Jun 30, 2012, 09:53 AM »
Hello from beautiful Montana. I am heading to your beautiful state in a couple days to work for a few weeks. I am bringing along some gear and wondering if anyone could give me some hints on where near Pittstown I could wet a line. I have seen a few reservoirs on the maps but I am clusless other than that on the area. Thank you in advance for any help and advice.

fishgalore

Re: Where to fish near Pittstown
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2012, 07:32 PM »
Hello from beautiful Montana. I am heading to your beautiful state in a couple days to work for a few weeks. I am bringing along some gear and wondering if anyone could give me some hints on where near Pittstown I could wet a line. I have seen a few reservoirs on the maps but I am clusless other than that on the area. Thank you in advance for any help and advice.

You will be very surprised when you fish Round Valley Reservoir! Lake, Rainbow & Brown Trout, Bass, perch, sunfish & eels are there in plenty. The water is exceptionally clean/clear. Thats a great place to start. But if you like to stream fish you can choose from the South Branch of the Raritan/Ken Lockwood Gorge or the Musconetcong for Trout. Those are some good choices from Pittstown.

Boatswain

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2012, 10:38 PM »
Thank you Fishgalore. I will try Round Valley Reservoir for sure. Some stream fishing might just be in order as well. I will update you on any catches and where I try.

fishgalore

« Reply #3 on: Jul 01, 2012, 01:22 PM »
Thank you Fishgalore. I will try Round Valley Reservoir for sure. Some stream fishing might just be in order as well. I will update you on any catches and where I try.

Cool, enjoy! Read this article as well for some empirical evidence:-http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20120630/NJCOLUMNIST4001/306300028/With-the-right-fishing-spots-anglers-reel-in-big-catches

Obviously, a boat will be the best scenario but they catch 'em from shore there too!

Boatswain

« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2012, 11:11 PM »
Fishgalore thanks for the article post. Sounds very promissing there. I did happen to find a few places on tuesday and wednesday but I ended up having to leave the job and head back to Montana first thing saturday morning so I never had a chance to wet a line. Very beautiful in that part of the country though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.