FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 336874 times)

Doubles Shooter

Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #2370 on: Oct 03, 2022, 07:25 PM »
Tere is another young man hooked for life. Congrats to both of you.

lowaccord66

« Reply #2371 on: Oct 04, 2022, 04:04 AM »
Thanks guys!!!!
The best moments were after he shot it.. put his bow down and was shaking like a leaf on a tree in a hurricane.. he had to sit down he was so excited...
Then when we were tracking it, he spotted it first he ran to it and was like..DAAAAAD ITS BIGGER THAN WE THOUGHT

GREAT DAY IN THE WOODS ILL NEVER FORGET

Nothing better!  Way to go.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2372 on: Oct 04, 2022, 05:03 AM »
Congrats on the long beard Bruce!

Fishin John that is awesome!! Nothing better than seeing kids get out hunting and fishing. Congrats to the young man!!!
Nice job findin em

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2373 on: Oct 05, 2022, 04:43 PM »
great  pictures  john  and  a  big ^5  to the  boy ....nice deer  young man ......

i  sat   in the  tree stand  this  morning had   a  doe  and  her youngins  come in  ... i had the  recurve on my  lap  .... and they  were  about  35 yards  out .... was fun  just watching them
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2374 on: Oct 06, 2022, 04:39 AM »
Deer all over the golf course. They pay no attention to us at all. Had to chase one off a tee the other day so I could mow it.

All you’d need to hunt these critters is an apple and a hammer.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #2375 on: Oct 06, 2022, 06:10 AM »
They look well fed.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2376 on: Oct 06, 2022, 06:38 AM »
I have a golf course 1/4 mile up the road from me. See deer on it a lot . I always wonder how many toxins they have in them from the herbicide and fertilizer?
 Because those deer come down in my woods..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

mcully

« Reply #2377 on: Oct 06, 2022, 06:52 AM »
Some states are posting warnings and NO eating of deer in areas found to have "forever chemicals" in venison. Not sure how they do the sampling, but the liver would be the primary do not eat. Is it like the fish samples where they grind up the entire fish? Either way sad to see.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2378 on: Oct 06, 2022, 08:10 AM »
They don’t eat grass Dom. They browse leaves, buds, apples, crab apples the nearby corn. Never seen a deer eat any grass anywhere. Grass just doesn’t have the nutrients they need so they don’t bother with it. I see them eating acorns, maple leaves and leaves off bushes mostly. That is until the apples are around.

Everyone thinks golf courses spew chemicals all over the place. But it’s not true for the most part. Only tees, and approaches get any kind of herbicides.  The majority of liquid fertilizers and insecticides also go to tees, approaches and greens and that’s not very often.

Fairways get a couple shots of granular per year. Fungicides are the main product sprayed and what we use is organic. It’s a high concentrate of similar home organic treatments such as Bonide Liquid Copper. The other major applications  are growth regulators. Fact is the products are crazy expensive. The budget for our application program is in the area of $60k and probably should be more.

A lot of our organic fertilizer comes from the irrigation system which is fed by the main pond. The whole property is built around a swamp system that stretches for miles. Lots of soluble organic matter there.

I wouldn’t worry about eating the deer.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #2379 on: Oct 06, 2022, 09:52 AM »
They don’t eat grass Dom.

They actually do eat grass, but other stuff more than grass.
So, your suggestion that deer are probably not being contaminated from the herbicides and pesticides used on golf courses is a safe bet.
However, I would want to eat any of the fish from golf course ponds.

As for your statement about the poisons not being all over the course, I will definitely take exception to this Bob.
We have had a few golf courses close in the area (up north) and the remediation issues are huge before anyone can do anything on those lands.
Southshore CC is one.  It sits dormant because of the litigation, etc. going on.  Originally, there were plans for condos, but that came to a screeching halt.
Also google Westwood CC in Amherst.
That's a real shipstorm.

Here is a link to one article describing it.  But there's tons more.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/new-toxins-found-at-former-westwood-country-club-site-in-amherst/article_cab308a8-e4a6-5bff-b1c1-a941c171c8f6.html

I also remember the drums of toxins found at the old Creekside course out off Niagara Falls Blvd back in the early 80's.
That was crazy.

The toxins don't stay where they are used.
They spread through the water underground, etc.
Also, just because a course uses "safer" chemicals today doesn't eliminate or reduce what was spread in the past.

Golf courses are some of the highest contaminated parcels of land.
And the older they are, the more contaminated they are.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2380 on: Oct 06, 2022, 12:25 PM »
Can’t speak for past practices or courses in your area. After all, “Love Canal” was in your back yard.

Farmers used DDT for ages. We know better now. As for your contaminated golf courses, I only speak for current practices at our course. Ours has been a “Forever Wild” habitat since it’s inception. Lord knows what the residents in the $500k homes have put on their lawns, but I know what we put on our course.

Residential neighborhoods are, to me, the largest contributors to passive pollution. They hire the “lawn perfect” companies to dump loads of “stuff” on their picture lawns that end up in our streams and lakes.

Anyway, I wouldn’t worry about eating the deer. And, I’ve never seen a deer eating grass.

I wouldn’t eat any fish from that pond either.
Just because!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2381 on: Oct 06, 2022, 05:24 PM »
ya  ain't going to live  forever  anyways  ,eat the  deer
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #2382 on: Oct 07, 2022, 04:52 AM »
ya  ain't going to live  forever  anyways  ,eat the  deer
:clapping: :clapping:

old man river

« Reply #2383 on: Oct 07, 2022, 05:21 AM »
   That is not all deer will eat sometimes they will eat some
 copper   or LEAD    :w00t: :rotflol: :unsure: LOL
ralph

gotagetm

« Reply #2384 on: Oct 07, 2022, 06:07 AM »
I'm starting to see signs that say" legal conceal carry gun owners welcome in store " I don't have a pistol permit but I think it's good to see!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.