FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stripers and a PB Brown  (Read 2407 times)

fish wayniac

Stripers and a PB Brown
« on: Oct 02, 2022, 07:25 PM »
Here is a mix of fish pics from the last two months. I caught a few decent Stripers from shore but the best was out on Sean’s boat . I landed a nice 34” that I brought home . I did a autopsy and found 3 baby lobsters in its gullet. I also caught a bunch of mackerel for bait and a Bonita was in the mix.

I got out a few times in my boat since my last post . I caught a few Browns a Rainbow but nothing big until today. The depth was coming up so I reeled up my down rigger and the release popped. I thought my lure snagged bottom because I couldn’t budge the fish. Then I felt some head shakes and the fight was on. It took me in 2 of the lines that were out and somehow I managed to land this Fish. A gorgeous 26” Brown with shoulders. What a way to end my season.

Steve H.

Re: Stripers and a PB Brown
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2022, 07:58 PM »
Great report!  That's a really nice brown, congrats on that one!!  Looks like you had a great season....memories to get you through this winter.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2022, 08:26 AM »
GREAT post, Wayne.  Tremendous batch of fish.  Congrats on the PB brown.  Beautiful colors and good girth 8)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2022, 08:48 AM »
Great pictures thanks for sharing.
 Can you use lobster for bait?  😎
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fish wayniac

« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2022, 11:01 AM »
Great pictures thanks for sharing.
 Can you use lobster for bait?  😎

I doubt that about using for bait .
That would be a waste at $10 a pound for lobster.
Ha ha!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2022, 11:11 AM »
I doubt that about using for bait .
That would be a waste at $10 a pound for lobster.
Ha ha!

Yeah and lobsters are better eating….. ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

NBourque

• Bruce slayer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 03, 2022, 06:37 PM »
Sweet brown Wayne.

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #7 on: Oct 03, 2022, 07:05 PM »
That brown is a fish of a lifetime! Way to go & congrats!  What a beauty.  I think i've said it before how well you have the lake browns dialed in and this just proves it.

fish wayniac

« Reply #8 on: Oct 04, 2022, 05:46 AM »
That brown is a fish of a lifetime! Way to go & congrats!  What a beauty.  I think i've said it before how well you have the lake browns dialed in and this just proves it.
Thanks Randall, I have logged in many hours of trolling for this one . I have had some skunks on this same body of water ha ha!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.