FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bead vs glow bug ??  (Read 20048 times)

esox v

bead vs glow bug ??
« on: Oct 14, 2010, 07:57 AM »
Can someone explain why fishing a bead is better than fishing a glow bug.....
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: bead vs glow bug ??
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2010, 08:36 AM »
truth ...easier  to  rip a  fish  under a  bobber  .....  try  drifting  beads and  see  how  many "hits"  you get.....  oh here  comes  the gun fire   ;D ..... i think it's only a matter of time  before  the state  says  that ain't a  baited hook!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2010, 08:51 AM »
truth ...easier  to  rip a  fish  under a  bobber  .....  try  drifting  beads and  see  how  many "hits"  you get.....  oh here  comes  the gun fire   ;D ..... i think it's only a matter of time  before  the state  says  that ain't a  baited hook!
actually its alot easier to rip a glo bug,  i best ripper i know proved this, he told me about it, saying he wondering if he was lining them or not, and tried to line a fish with a 10mm bead and he couldnt, the bead makes it go over the fish, not trying to argue, not saying it doesnt happen but i trust this guys word and ability, and im sure he will chime in

Gamma Fish

« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2010, 09:09 AM »
As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with you here on all counts !  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
Plastics are Fantastic !

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2010, 09:12 AM »
Can someone explain why fishing a bead is better than fishing a glow bug.....

The other day with the water drop, if you had anything that resembled an egg on your line ( bead.. flie , sponge ..anything  .. )  you were in like flyn , I'm an egg sac guy from way back and the only times I was EVER outfished was by Pat the Hawaiian and his guys fishing flies under indies at the big Sandie's during very low clear water conditions. For some reason the steelhead prefer a egg fly over a sac during very clear conditions. It always has mind boggled me , the bead is still new to me , I've had great success with them so far....so we'll see on that part of it...

I've got guests here right now that tryed swinging flies yesterday , but to no avail , switched to fishing egg flies bottom bouncing with number 3/0 lead and destroyed the steelies... take that for whatever it means , but egg flies work this time of year...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

trapper2000

« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2010, 09:30 AM »
right  now ...fish  flies  ....fish  night  crawlers !!!!!  all  you  float  fisherman  want  the  true  secret !!!!  the  real  deal  ......float  a  night  crawler  or  a  minnow  down that  run !!!!!  you'll toss those  beads  away  to  salmon  season  next  year   ;D

lpv89

« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2010, 09:39 AM »
Bead, in dark roe or like glow pink 

ive caught all my fish on this, this year, and one fish on a sac
Fish on!!!!!!!! When i get that big one the world will know.

trapper2000

« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2010, 10:00 AM »
threw  all  the  bs  of  selling  new  rods  ...guides  ...and  ego's   let  me  share over  40 years  experance  fishing great lakes  steel .....   there  nothing  but  rainbow  trout !!!!!    center  pins  and   expensive  rods  are  ment  to  catch  fisherman  ...  do they  work ?  yup  ....  are  they  hitting the  bead   salmon no  trout  somewhat  ...most  the  time   yer hook is  2  inches   from the  bead !!!!   think  about  it !!!!!   do i  care?  nooooo  ...why ...put and  take  fishery  plain and  simple  ....  no brag truth  i  was  at  52  steelies   sept  27  !!!!   90%  on night  crawlers   ...the  big  secret  ... if  i  was  to pick   a  bait  right  now  ...it  would  be   FLIES ...WARMS....MINNOWS ...EGG  SACS....  TWISTERS ...BEADS  ...in  that  order    period  .....  i have  my  feelings  about  beads   and  the  fact  that  they  are    technicly  illegal  alone  bothers  me  ....  why  does  the  hook  have  to be  away  from the  bead  to work????  it  doesn't  with  anything  else ....  the  old  story  about  it hooks  them  in the  corner  of  the  mouth  just  don't  wash  with me  .....  i  tried  them  in pools  and  could  see  .... they  worked ...but i  was lining the  fish !!!!   sorry   it  is  what  it  is  ! all  the  new  elitist  can  hammer  me all they  want .....  i'm saying it  the  way  it  is  guys  ....  do  fish  sometimes  hit the  bead  yup and  ya  either miss  the  fish  or  snag him  under  the  jaw  ....  ya  all  know  what i'm  saying here !!!!  if  i  put a  worm on  sink it  to the  bottom  or  a  egg  or  minnow  and  get a  hit  with no  drift  he's hitting  ....drop the  bead and lets  see ya  get a  hit!!!!  ....have  fun  ...santa  is  coming , taxes  are  going  down, and   beads  really  work!

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2010, 11:28 AM »
Until there are just steelies in the river I will put a bare hook up against any fly, sac, or bead.
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2010, 11:43 AM »
Until there are just steelies in the river I will put a bare hook up against any fly, sac, or bead.

yup

esox v

« Reply #10 on: Oct 14, 2010, 11:46 AM »
 Drift these on an egg hook... Work great on the the oswego river for steelies and browns!! If the birds are diving even better.

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2010, 12:01 PM »
Kind of off topic but... last weekend my kid broke off and he tied on a bright red streamer about an 1"1/4 long...I say that because I never would have tied that on for him. Get this... he would have male salmon chasing that fly and swipe at it sometimes 10 or 12 feet if he trailed it across the water. It happend numerous time until he lost it in a tree. I tried to get it on video but with the light conditions I couldn't get it to come out. If we get some sun on the weekend Ill try to get a shot of it. Super Cool 

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #12 on: Oct 14, 2010, 12:33 PM »
Not going to get caught up in this one abouts beads or flys...All I am going to say is this.. There is a time and a place for everything!! One thing may work better at certain times of the year. Fly VS Beads. Trout will Hit beads better then Flys AT THE Right time of the year. ;) Its bead from here on out in my book until Late Feb. The Trout do take beads better then ANY Glow bug or Fly you can make up.. Sorry this is from Experience,Sorry Trapper but I am going with beads.. Trout hit them and your not Snagging the trout in the mouth, that is all I have to say. THE TRUTH IS, THIS TIME OF THE YEAR IT'S BEADS HANDS DOWN!!!! Flys are for March when your lining them in the big holes and they have shut down for Spawning.. To Be honest with you its all about fun RIGHT?? and if you don't care about it, becuse it is a put and take fisheries then who cares about how they hook them in the mouth... My 2cents..
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #13 on: Oct 14, 2010, 01:00 PM »
I've never lined a fish floating a bead.  I've had my bobber go down in frog water that was so slow it was hardly moving.  I believe the added weight of a bead helps when float fishing.

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #14 on: Oct 14, 2010, 01:03 PM »
Kind of off topic but... last weekend my kid broke off and he tied on a bright red streamer about an 1"1/4 long...I say that because I never would have tied that on for him. Get this... he would have male salmon chasing that fly and swipe at it sometimes 10 or 12 feet if he trailed it across the water. It happend numerous time until he lost it in a tree. I tried to get it on video but with the light conditions I couldn't get it to come out. If we get some sun on the weekend Ill try to get a shot of it. Super Cool 
I've had pacific salmon chase a streamer also, they have never commit to it though....steelies in the other hand....HOLD ON!!!!!!
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.