FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wawasee  (Read 3520 times)

PEARCHEYES

Wawasee
« on: Sep 24, 2022, 02:58 PM »
Me and my brother chased perch today .Ton of throwbacks and kept 8 no piggies but solid 8.5 inchers and 20 inch northern.Did get too ruff as day went on ,left at noon

Daybreak

Re: Wawasee
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2022, 08:17 PM »
Thanks for the report.  Glad you got an itch scratched and were able to take home a few.  We all know there are better days ahead.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2022, 08:35 AM »
Good  you got out! Wind ain't a fisherman's friend!!!!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2022, 07:24 PM »
Beautiful day on wawasee today as far as fishing weather,but the nicer perch were no where to be found.Released 50 plus dinks for future keepers .released a 22 inch northern and 4 nice gills .No complaints 1/2 day vacation ,fishing with my brother did CATCH A BUNCH OF FISH = priceless

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2022, 04:55 AM »
Time spent with those you love count double!!!
Teach

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2022, 05:02 PM »
What a beautiful day on the water.The perch bite was grand but most were children.Only had 12 decent keepers between me and my brother.The perch population seems to be pretty healthy as is northern pike.Had a 20 something hit my small perch on the retrieve .wish I could go tomorrow but work and paying bills sets precident

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2022, 03:58 PM »
Another grand fall day on the water but no keepers today.It was just a little rough both the bite and conditions.NO COMPLAINTS 😁

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2022, 09:18 AM »
Good on ya! :)Here in Hobart the wind was wicked as it has been for weeks. Been wanting  to get out and chase bluegills but the gale force winds have been relentless! Not much action on this old site !! Too bad! Use to be a lot of fun!???
Teach

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2022, 04:05 PM »
Another beautiful day on the water but perch fishing was dismal at best.Fished shallow,deep and everything and everywhere with only 9 medioker keepers to show for it.The bass action was very good which kept things lively.THATS WHY ITS CALLED FISHING!!

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2022, 06:07 PM »
Another beautiful day on the water but perch fishing was dismal at best.Fished shallow,deep and everything and everywhere with only 9 medioker keepers to show for it.The bass action was very good which kept things lively.THATS WHY ITS CALLED FISHING!!

I wonder what causes them to be scattered like that? Any ideas? It can't be water temperature as the yellow perch in my pond are quite active in cold water. Could it be the bass feeding on them?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #10 on: Oct 30, 2022, 06:56 PM »
It might of been some pike too.One of the smaller bass had some serious chew marks on it.I usually catch some small pike while perch fishing but haven’t with all the trips I’ve had so far

taxid

« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2022, 01:34 PM »
I didn't think of pike. I remember ice fishing on Jobe's Hole on Pretty Lake in Lagrange County many years back. All of a sudden no bites, no fish, no nothing below us. (Was in a shanty so could see down). Soon watched a large pike came though and hit and snapped my nephews line that wasn't paying attention. I've mounted them up to 41 inches for the lake association there. The fish was found dead of natural causes IIRR.

Another interesting story about northern pike: Was fishing with a taxidermist friend that had skinned out a pike that day. We were fishing side by side with slip bobbers on Big Long Lake also in Lagrange County. He couldn't get a bite. I was pulling in suspended bluegills right over the side of the boat. Same bait etc. The only think I can figure is he was getting the northern pike scent on his bait.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #12 on: Nov 02, 2022, 03:34 PM »
The perch bite was good today and size was up as well.Kept 16 biggest was 11”” most around 9”.Water clarity is super clear if it wasn’t for the light breeze today a person could of site fished for them!!!

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #13 on: Nov 03, 2022, 06:40 AM »
Taxid, use to fish up at Saugatuck and Douglas, Michigan on Spring Lake off the Kalamazoo River thru the ice. There was also a pond off river on south side where there was a trailer park. In March we use to pound the perch, 14"-16". We would be catching them really good then everything would stop! Big northern! Caught some dandies. As soon as we would catch the northern, the perch would bite again. Only property access to the lake was purchased and that ended that.
Teach

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #14 on: Nov 09, 2022, 02:30 PM »
Wawasee was good to me today.I kept 14 perch today,a couple went close to 12” the rest9-10”.Ialso caught some northern pike 18-24”all in all a great da

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.