FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Removable line counters  (Read 1038 times)

The Caveman

Removable line counters
« on: May 31, 2018, 12:21 PM »
Has anyone here used the clip on line counters from rapala or any other company?, i wanna know if they work as good as a line counters reel cuz i really dont want to spend a lot on a reel to use just for trolling when i could just buy a clip on thing for 20 bucks and put it on and take ot off when i need it

The Caveman

Re: Removable line counters
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 12:26 PM »
Oh and if you guys have used more than one companies removable line counter which companies would you recommend, and yes i know i should save up for a nice line counter reel but i need to buy another pickup cuz my engine went on me so my money is mainly tied up in that atm

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 02:29 PM »
I have used a couple that I bought through Cabela's a few years ago and they work as well as the line counter reels for how much line is out. The only downfall is getting it attached to the pole and getting the line through it but with a little time and some patience I found that they work really well. Do not use them anymore but have them just in case I need them and they do not take up a bunch of room trying to have the poles with line counters on them along with all the other poles for wife and kids.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2018, 07:31 AM »
They do add additional drag to the line when letting line out, so you have to feed the line out instead of just free spooling. That was my gripe, but they do count feet well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.