FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513288 times)

myemmy

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4140 on: Apr 06, 2021, 06:16 PM »
Thanks 👍

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4141 on: Apr 06, 2021, 06:34 PM »
Doesn’t look small to me. Can’t wait to visit.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4142 on: Apr 07, 2021, 04:50 AM »
holy spit !!!!!!!  how many arms do you have. lol  i cant even imagine doing that many.  thats impressive. if i havent already said that.

Already did 50,000.      ;)
This is the second batch... 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4143 on: Apr 08, 2021, 05:14 PM »
Anyone ever repair the leak on plastic hose reels such as this?

I have one that leaks from the outside, where the source enters the picture and one that leaks where you attach the hose.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4144 on: Apr 08, 2021, 05:58 PM »
Well...I tried them a few times and they only lasted a year....maybe.
Put up one of these and haven’t looked back

Guess I’d rather uncoil and coil up a hose rather than throw away $80 every other season.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4145 on: Apr 08, 2021, 06:06 PM »
I don’t disagree. Just have to find a way to either get over putting holes in the new siding or build a stand

fishinator

« Reply #4146 on: Apr 08, 2021, 07:23 PM »
Anyone ever repair the leak on plastic hose reels such as this?

I have one that leaks from the outside, where the source enters the picture and one that leaks where you attach the hose.

it's crazy how many of those I see in the trash.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4148 on: Apr 09, 2021, 06:23 AM »
Thanks for the link. For the back, I will likely build something, as the spigot is under the overhang of the house. Want to run a water line out from under there, so will try to out something together that will do that and hang a hose

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4149 on: Apr 09, 2021, 08:46 AM »
We had those spiked things at Lowe’s. Didn’t look like they’d stay in the ground very well. Personally I’d get a 4x4 post base and mount a 4’ piece to hang a hose box on. I ran a water line to my garden a few years back. 1/2” black plastic pipe was cheap. Don’t know if it is still after the big freeze in Texas.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4150 on: Apr 13, 2021, 04:03 PM »

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4151 on: Apr 13, 2021, 04:40 PM »
Couple more weeks Dom and my Bride and I are taking a ride.
Started seeds for Cardinal Climbers the other day. They’ve sprouted and I’ve planted them and moved them to the trough planter to get started.

Spinach is going crazy and we’ll be munching some of that ....probably tomorrow.

Garlic is over a foot high now. Parsley I left in last fall came back. Had no idea it would be perennial.

Rg

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #4152 on: Apr 13, 2021, 04:55 PM »
The greenhouses look very nice. Our catnip and rubarb are growing fast. I need to till the garden before the weeds take it over before we can plant.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #4153 on: Apr 13, 2021, 05:09 PM »
Good stuff guys! Greenhouses look to be filled and ready for the big rush that will be coming soon.
Bad news for me, I believe the Voles got to my asparagus patch. I have 8 spears that came up so far but the middle area I have nothing...so disappointing! This was year 4 and I was really looking forward to a banner year after a great one last year. I guess I will be starting from scratch again....new crowns are ordered...

cnypanfisher

« Reply #4154 on: Apr 13, 2021, 05:35 PM »
25 elephant garlic and 75 hard and soft stemmed garlic are looking good. I need more raised beds. The small bed has onion sets in it as well, they will start some after the rain. Small spinach and lettuce spot going too. Going to get the back yard opened up this weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.