FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 101591 times)

taxid

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #810 on: Apr 08, 2024, 08:17 PM »
Fished a new river today.  One stocked bow. 

Thinking about a trip to NC mountains around June for wild trout.

Brook trout?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #811 on: Apr 09, 2024, 07:22 AM »
Brook trout?

I'm more of a brown trout guy.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #812 on: Apr 12, 2024, 02:44 PM »

I keep trolling this thread to try and get any tidbits about fly fishing I can. It's pretty much black magic to me.

bogtrotter

« Reply #813 on: Apr 12, 2024, 05:12 PM »

I keep trolling this thread to try and get any tidbits about fly fishing I can. It's pretty much black magic to me.

Where do you live/fish, Jethro?

You might want to hook up and join one of the members in your area for some fishing.

FW/i/W - I live in the NW corner of the State (northern Berkshire County), and would be happy to go fishing with you if you're ever up my way..

lowaccord66

« Reply #814 on: Apr 13, 2024, 07:15 PM »
Ive invited him too.  Let us know Geoff.  Tell me what species you want to catch on the fly.  I have setups from 3w to 10w. Trout to stripers covered. 

Today was CT's opener almost all of the rivers are blown out. 

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #815 on: Apr 15, 2024, 08:55 AM »

You might want to hook up and join one of the members in your area for some fishing.

FW/i/W - I live in the NW corner of the State (northern Berkshire County), and would be happy to go fishing with you if you're ever up my way..

I live near Manchester NH, but I'm willing to travel! I'll be happy to catch anything that swims. So far I've only hooked up with a small salmon while being guided on Grand Lake Stream in Maine.

lowaccord66

« Reply #816 on: May 01, 2024, 04:21 AM »
Fished the housy last night finally.  Flow was 1140.  Caught one really nice brown around 19"...by accident...top fly was skimming accross the surface when I went to make another cast.  Heard a splash, fish on.  Was surprised to have also hooked a tiny smallmouth.

stripernut

« Reply #817 on: May 01, 2024, 05:02 AM »

I live near Manchester NH, but I'm willing to travel! I'll be happy to catch anything that swims. So far I've only hooked up with a small salmon while being guided on Grand Lake Stream in Maine.

Count me in for a fly fishing get-together...

westernmas

« Reply #818 on: May 01, 2024, 08:22 AM »
Fished the housy last night finally.  Flow was 1140.  Caught one really nice brown around 19"...by accident...top fly was skimming accross the surface when I went to make another cast.  Heard a splash, fish on.  Was surprised to have also hooked a tiny smallmouth.

After a week in Vegas and high water I hadn't been out in what feels like forever.  I also had the opportunity to get out last night in the MA section of the Farmy.  The first stop at a well marked pull off and stocking point was unsuccessful.  I moved further upstream to a calmer stretch of water and upon working that section noticed a bunch of rises.  I could see egg laying hendricksons all over the place and tied my best imitation on although a bit too big.  First cast a nice fish smoked it but I missed the hook set.  I left the pool to look for other risers but came back shortly after.  I put on a hendrickson cripple and after 4 more missed hooks sets I finally landed my first fish of the year on a dry.  It wasn't huge but fought like it was.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Bartman44

« Reply #819 on: May 01, 2024, 09:14 AM »
Nice, the cripple flies can be deadly. Glad you guys got out there, I'm hoping to get on the water tomorrow.

Hope Vegas went well for you.

lowaccord66

« Reply #820 on: May 01, 2024, 09:47 AM »
Count me in for a fly fishing get-together...

Im super interested in the deerfield and the millers.  Lets make something happen! 

Nice work Pat.  Ive only fished that area once.  Theres some nice pools in the woods.  Lets connect for some night action in the coming weeks.

westernmas

« Reply #821 on: May 01, 2024, 11:46 AM »
Im super interested in the deerfield and the millers.  Lets make something happen! 

Nice work Pat.  Ive only fished that area once.  Theres some nice pools in the woods.  Lets connect for some night action in the coming weeks.

Drops like a rock up there.  Fish were in at most 3' of water so I always make a point to hit it shortly after stocking.  Will let ya know on a night mission.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.