FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Needing some gift advice from the pro fisherman  (Read 3929 times)

boondox

Re: Needing some gift advice from the pro fisherman
« Reply #15 on: Jun 01, 2017, 07:41 PM »
Fish finder for the boat if he has a boat or passes to his favorite parks /recreation areas ? Our parks and recration areas require passes unless they are City parks another point is fishing license wich is a good one.. or even a day charter or half day charter.. bring the hand held gps if it on lake erie and or similar and has a boat on were he chartered the guide from .. just don't let the guide know lol's or even a good engrave items like zippo lighters or fillet knife or a case fishermen knife etc..  I know the Swiss army knife shop and a few knife shops do engraving could be a good idea?? . or even if he fly fishes what about a good Abel reel or Tibor reel or even Abel pliers  in a custom birth day color theam if they still do it??  But remember Abel reels run like $1,400 for custom color salt reels so beaware it is a hefty price tag I know he's worth every penny to you...  but you know what I mean..  why remorgage the house if not needed lol's.. you can find a vitoronx fillet knife  cheap like  $30 to $50 and engraving is maybe another $10 to $20  with a personal saying or even a good zippo lighter with a sayING like may this be your guiding light etc.. lol's or some thing similar but personal to you and them.. ..  you can even have the spool of spinning/casting  reels engraved if you know the right place to take them.. any how sky's the limits with  fishing gear as you know..

esox_xtm

• It's SHOWTIME!
« Reply #16 on: Jun 01, 2017, 08:32 PM »
I'm not 65 (yet, but close), I'm not retired (yet, but close), I do not have grandkids at your age or in your position (yet  ;D) but my son has nailed some good things for me @ Christmas and birthdays. Very memorable times spent fishing with him on a few guided trips. The first one was literally a bust but we had a great time and many, many priceless memories despite no fish caught. Ones after that were only better because we did some catching.

A couple of trips were not even a "high priority" for me but I find all fishing great fun and I'm always up for an adventure. Time with my son? Well, let's not let the MasterCard folks get hold of any video of our trips... :P

Give your Granddad some memories and share the experience.

Edit:spelling

Not Fish???      Not an Option!!!                                                                  Go Packers !!! 

wallyworld

« Reply #17 on: Jun 02, 2017, 05:58 AM »
Definitely a fishing adventure of some sort together, nothing means more than time spent together  :thumbup_smilie:  be sure to take lots of pictures too, then make a collage of them all, frame it & give it to your Grandpa to cherish forever  ;)

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #18 on: Jun 02, 2017, 06:04 AM »
Definitely a fishing adventure of some sort together, nothing means more than time spent together  :thumbup_smilie:  be sure to take lots of pictures too, then make a collage of them all, frame it & give it to your Grandpa to cherish forever  ;)

X2!
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

oatkasut

« Reply #19 on: Jun 02, 2017, 10:51 AM »
X3.You and him will never forget the time you spent together fishing. A gift that lasts FOREVER! I did it with my Dad. Good luck.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #20 on: Jun 02, 2017, 05:31 PM »
x4  I look forward to the day one of my grandkids comes and takes me fishing.  That will be the best!  Till then I have every piece of gear I need and anything anyone gets me for gifts is appreciated but usually doesn't fit my needs.  Create a personal experience, take pics, give the gift of your time, that's what Grandpa's want.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

JohnTom

« Reply #21 on: Jun 05, 2017, 01:33 AM »
Wow, guys, so many replies. I'm going to read through all of them now and check out links etc then get back to you all.

Thanks so much! greatly appreciated

caught_the_fever

« Reply #22 on: Jun 14, 2017, 12:30 PM »
I'd agree with those saying spend some time fishing with him, and if you can afford a charter or special adventure one of the days even better.  Concur with those comments about lifelong fisherman - most attempting to get me a fishing-related from a gear perspective would have a challenge, and your grandfather has 2 decades more invested into the sport. 

Giving of yourself and creating memories may be the best gift out there, in my opinion.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.